• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020 Canes Offseason Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
I dunno. We've seen Staal be pretty effective playing with much faster linemates over the years. I like that mix, and if Foegele can find his finishing touch a bit more regularly then that line could be sneaky helpful in the offensive zone as well.

If they can get the forecheck going, they’re going to give teams absolute fits.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
If they can get the forecheck going, they’re going to give teams absolute fits.
Yeah ... I'm specifically remembering the second half of the 15-16 season when Staal found himself with Nestrasil and Nordstrom on a purely checking unit. There was about a 40 game stretch before Nesty broke his back when they were maybe the biggest PIA line in the league to play against. I could easily see this year's Staal line being something like that but with better wingers.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Canes sign center Drew Shore to a 1 year, 2 way contract, $700k/$150k. He was drafted by the Panthers in the 2nd round in the 2009 draft. He’s played 94 NHL games over parts of 5 seasons. He spent the last 3 seasons in Europe, playing in the Swiss League and KHL.

The Canes loaned Shore to HK Dukla Trencin in the Slovak Extraliga.

cmaleski2

Even with the various deferrals they have offered (I think this is the 3rd one), with the money from 19-20 games not played and the payments that I have made already, they already have a bit under 70% of my cost for full season tix and parking for 20-21 already.

I think its pretty safe to say at this point that the odds of me being allowed to attend 70% of a full 42 game schedule (40 regular season games plus 2 exhibition games, the outdoor game was going to be a completely separate cost outside of our season tix) is pretty much zero. Quite frankly at this point for those of us who rolled over money from 19-20 and are on the payment plan for 20-21, they shouldn't be charging us any more money for 20-21 regular season tickets. They already are going to need to offer up refunds or another rollover for 21-22 just with the money they have taken in so far because there is no way that all full season tix members are going to be allowed to attend every one of what amounts to 30 home games which we have paid for so far.

Last edited:

Paulie Walnuts

Jack LaFontane playing well at Minnesota. 4 wins in 6 days.

looks like Canes won't have an ECHL team going forward. Greeneville is with Florida now

Last edited:

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
For those who don’t subscribe to The Arhletic, they’re running a Black Friday special of $1 per month for 12 months. No, I’m not getting a commission from them.

Paulie Walnuts

podcast with Shane Willis