• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020 Offseason Miscellaneous Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ticketmaster says they will require vaccine proof or negative CV tests for their events.

I wonder what business/agency will be able to provide you with the proof to show Ticketmaster? That's kinda neat that they will require showing proof of a negative Covid test, but that window goes all the way out to 72 hours. A negative result means that you tested negative *at the time of swabbing only* and how long before that 72 hour window did you actually get swabbed? 72 hours before that? That could have actually been up to a week, depending on how quickly your test gets turned around. Nah, I'll stick with the policy of staying out of an indoor arena until a month or so after a credible vaccine has been widely administered.

Although I replied that I would consider attending if distancing was in place and masks were mandatory, I’m not optimistic that it will happen until a low enough infection rate is in place. Spring? And proof of a test is a joke given the many types and purveyors of tests. Any yokel with a printer could whip up something official looking. I am getting a little antsy though about them continuing to hold my cash.

My wife surprised me, she said she’d be there as soon as fans were allowed. But the mask requirement has to be enforced.

Although I replied that I would consider attending if distancing was in place and masks were mandatory, I’m not optimistic that it will happen until a low enough infection rate is in place. Spring? And proof of a test is a joke given the many types and purveyors of tests. Any yokel with a printer could whip up something official looking. I am getting a little antsy though about them continuing to hold my cash.
Given the circumstances, I'm absolutely cool with them sitting on my cash ... for once. I'll show up and use those tickets eventually and it's not like they have any other revenue any time soon. Normally, I'd complain ... but not now.

Given the circumstances, I'm absolutely cool with them sitting on my cash ... for once. I'll show up and use those tickets eventually and it's not like they have any other revenue any time soon. Normally, I'd complain ... but not now.
I hear ya and for now not a big deal. And to be clear, I place no blame on them trying to work thru a difficult situation where no one knows what’s going to happen. Given vaccine delivery schedules I will be very pleasantly surprised if anyone is sitting in seats before may. Onward!

I'm polling my friend who shares my ticket package to kind of "average out" our responses to the survey, but I hope he'll have similar answers. Until vaccination is widely rolled out, my comfortability will be directly related to how hard-ass they play it with extreme reduced capacity, enforcement of *proper* mask wearing, and sanitation and entry/exit protocols implemented, and I suspect that at the levels I'd be comfortable with, they won't feel worth opening with. Large-scale indoor events are like the last thing people need to be doing.

Disclaimer: I am playing beer league again once a week, though not 100% comfortable with it, but that's 30 people in a rink, max, counting refs, scorekeeper, etc... for 1.5 hr at most in and out, with the huge locker rooms over at the new place there's probably only 1 person within 6 feet of you in there, and we're (*) wearing mask except when actually on the ice. Not 3000, 4000, however many people they decide on allowing into PNC, for 3 hours, yelling and cheering the whole time...

(*) except for the one person with "medical reasons/doctor's note" why they won't :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm polling my friend who shares my ticket package to kind of "average out" our responses to the survey, but I hope he'll have similar answers. Until vaccination is widely rolled out, my comfortability will be directly related to how hard-ass they play it with extreme reduced capacity, enforcement of *proper* mask wearing, and sanitation and entry/exit protocols implemented, and I suspect that at the levels I'd be comfortable with, they won't feel worth opening with. Large-scale indoor events are like the last thing people need to be doing.

Disclaimer: I am playing beer league again once a week, though not 100% comfortable with it, but that's 30 people in a rink, max, counting refs, scorekeeper, etc... for 1.5 hr at most in and out, with the huge locker rooms over at the new place there's probably only 1 person within 6 feet of you in there, and we're (*) wearing mask except when actually on the ice. Not 3000, 4000, however many people they decide on allowing into PNC, for 3 hours, yelling and cheering the whole time...

(*) except for the one person with "medical reasons/doctor's note" why they won't :rolleyes:
How is the new rink Bill? Does it seem to have all the bells and whistles of a brand new facility and complete or is there more work and additional things still coming along? Whenever the world gets back to opening up I want to start taking my son for a public skate at the new place.

NBA GS warriors are hoping to have 50% capacity . Guess that depends on what CA and SF say. If you did not know, they moved to new place in SF last year.

How is the new rink Bill? Does it seem to have all the bells and whistles of a brand new facility and complete or is there more work and additional things still coming along? Whenever the world gets back to opening up I want to start taking my son for a public skate at the new place.
Don't know about bells and whistles, but given the alternatives in the area that are all converted warehouses or worse, it's like the Ritz over there! :LOL: To your question though, looks pretty complete.. first class for recreational purposes. The ice is terrific, the bench (and penalty box :whistle: ) doors work, no mold monsters in the ceiling & walls, the locker rooms as I mentioned are enormous and they're on the same side of the rink right behind the benches so you can walk out of your locker room and straight onto your bench, and whenever it may matter again, there's real spectator seating on both rinks. Pro shop has been closed every time I've been there so far, so no review on that yet.

With COVID protocols, we don't get the opportunity to roam around the building -- only allowed in 30 mins before gametime, straight in/out of the locker area, separated traffic flow from previous/next game to minimize contact, etc..

NHL Network says Connor McDavid is the top center in the league. MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Crosby and Matthews are the rest of the top 5. Aho is 13th.

I'll repeat here what I said in the Canes offseason thread because this is a more appropriate thread for this discussion:

Those purple LA Kings throwbacks are so very sweet. And I wish that the white Red Wings jersey would get rid of the grey bands on the sleeves and the bottom and just go all white.

More unthreaded tweets from LeBrun regarding the 2020-21 season. The 16 player RTP committee has met almost every day over the past week but not with the league. The discussions with the league appear to be at the higher levels of the NHLPA. They’re still shooting for a January 1 start with the Cup awarded no later than July 15. They’re still looking at a minimum of 60 games and the all-Canadian division is “still a thing”. But a January 1 start means they have to get this done by the end of the month so camps can open early enough to give the non-playoff teams a few extra days of camp.

Yeah ... if they're serious about mid-December camps then the NHL pretty much has to lay out a detailed plan/schedule before he end of November. We're still looking at probable quarantine protocols for those needing to travel to States likely to have those in place by December, so a lot of the guys who need to be in ... let's say California to start camps in mid-December will need to be there 10-14 ahead of time. There's cutting it close and then there's whatever the NHL is doing. Good luck with all that and give me a shout when you're done.

seems Aho,Mrzaek and Dzingle already here and playing golf . What local courses do they typically play? Or maybe they went to Pinehurst. Their GF/.wives probably wanted to return for warmer weather. Maybe Dundon joined a local CC and players can play there.

Last edited:
seems Aho,Mrzaek and Dzingle already here and playing golf . What local courses do they typically play? Or maybe they went to Pinehurst. Their GF/.wives probably wanted to return for warmer weather. Maybe Dundon joined a local CC and players can play th
seems Aho,Mrzaek and Dzingle already here and playing golf . What local courses do they typically play? Or maybe they went to Pinehurst. Their GF/.wives probably wanted to return for warmer weather. Maybe Dundon joined a local CC and players can play there.
Possibly Preston. Brindy has been playing here once and a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back