• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021-22 Season Hurricanes Misc. Thread

For Thursday, do they still block off parking for canes fans with the fair next door? I usually come in west chase so I’m just planning on going early?

For Thursday, do they still block off parking for canes fans with the fair next door? I usually come in west chase so I’m just planning on going early?
I’m traveling on business so I won’t be there. But my wife is already freaking out about parking. We come straight in on Edwards Mill and that was tied up with the auxiliary parking lot near Reedy Creek but that’s being developed now. But I expect that whole area bordered by Wade, Trinity, Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge to be a minor disaster.

I’m traveling on business so I won’t be there. But my wife is already freaking out about parking. We come straight in on Edwards Mill and that was tied up with the auxiliary parking lot near Reedy Creek but that’s being developed now. But I expect that whole area bordered by Wade, Trinity, Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge to be a minor disaster.
Yeah, in general in years past during the Fair you wanted to approach the parking entrances from the West on the Trinity/Blue Ridge corridor or I40. With no more auxiliary parking on Reddy Creek, I suspect that Edwards Mill Extension is going to be a better bet this time around. Still, probably best to get there early and figure it out ... which, of course, is 100% not my comfort zone.

At least this year's Fair traffic probably won't be quite as bad as normal, since you'd assume attendance will be somewhat less than normal.

Just got my FedEx from the Canes.... turn the channel if you don't want spoilers for opening yours later...

STM Lanyards, Badge-sized STM Cards with the QR code for the discount for the POS systems (no wallet-size cards this year is a change I think), a letter from Rod & a black 2'x3' flag of the black jersey logo with a STM logo added (and no advertiser logo, which is nice)

Just got my FedEx from the Canes.... turn the channel if you don't want spoilers for opening yours later...

STM Lanyards, Badge-sized STM Cards with the QR code for the discount for the POS systems (no wallet-size cards this year is a change I think), a letter from Rod & a black 2'x3' flag of the black jersey logo with a STM logo added (and no advertiser logo, which is nice)
Mine just arrived, too. Less impressive packaging than previous years, but the flag is pretty sweet.

It took all of one game for the Canes to offer single game tickets to the general public at STM prices.

I mean, honestly ... all that matters is that card thingie.
Did anyone have problems with the card not registering the F&B credit or STM discount? My daughter had no problems, aside from a training issue for the concession workers at the stand she went to, but friends in the 300s said their cards didn’t scan.

Did anyone have problems with the card not registering the F&B credit or STM discount? My daughter had no problems, aside from a training issue for the concession workers at the stand she went to, but friends in the 300s said their cards didn’t scan.
Asked this a few days ago, but is there even a STM F&B credit this year? All Season Ticket Member Benefits | Carolina Hurricanes (nhl.com) has is the Concessions and Merchandise discounts and I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere.... is that because it's only offered on the early renewals? I guess we have it then 🤷 I only used the badge things for the discount for a couple sodas; had a friend mention he had a problem similar to yours using his card.

Yes, this is still a thing. I had my full 7% credit tied to my account and was using it to pay for food last night.

I want to say maybe 5? years ago they started making that Food and Beverage credit only available to folks renewing or buying new season tickets before a certain date? So I wouldn't expect it to be listed as a benefit at the moment as new purchasers wouldn't be offered that benefit at this point in time. I definitely know the percentage of the credit offered has gone down over time.

The mechanics of using your credit is the same as the discount. Scan your card for the discount and then tell the person you want to pay with your STM credit and after they hit some button you scan your card again. The paypad will ask you if you want to leave a tip and then show you your remaining STM credit balance. As already noted though, not everyone seems to be fully up to speed with the mechanics of this at the food stands yet.

Last edited:
Hmm, cool.. I guess I'll give it a try next game.... hmmm, with a digital version of the ID available though it's probably all 1 debit account instead of split across the badges like it was the credit-card sized cards that we didn't get this year? I always gave one of the cards to the guy I split tix with so the F&B would be split 50/50... that's not gonna work now.

Last edited:
Back