• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

For the record, I really only care about the Division. Getting the No. 1 overall is cool and all, and it's always nice to hang a banner ... but nailing down the 1 seed in the Central, that's Job 1.

No one is really worried we would lose Max McCormick are they?

He played his 10th NHL game last night and was on the roster designated as 'emergency loan', so if Martinook is back and he was the guy McCormick was replacing, then he has to clear waivers to stay on the roster.

Someone COULD claim him, Rosters are unlimited in size after the trade deadline as long as you stay under the cap and I suspect just about every team can fit McCormick under their cap with the season almost over. I don't see a playoff bound team really needing a Max McCormick so badly they would pay for the waiver claim though.

Last edited:
McCormick cleared waivers ... as expected. So he can be assigned to the taxi squad again, clearing the way for Marty to play if and when he's ready.

In the playoff ticket email sent to STM in advance of tomorrow’s sale, there is a note that the playoffs start on May 15, with no indication that our series will start that day. Game dates and times will be released this week.

I will be interested to know how folks with earlier time slots than me (I'm 1PM today) make out with trying to secure 1st round playoff tickets. Still figuring everything will be long gone by the time 1PM rolls around (I've been hearing there are multiple time slots AFTER me, for those of you with 10AM, that is the first group from what I've heard).

I will be interested to know how folks with earlier time slots than me (I'm 1PM today) make out with trying to secure 1st round playoff tickets. Still figuring everything will be long gone by the time 1PM rolls around (I've been hearing there are multiple time slots AFTER me, for those of you with 10AM, that is the first group from what I've heard).
Yes, 10:00 is the earliest, I have friends in both the 10:30 and 11:00 slots. I’m trying to move my seats in 101 across the ice.

What was the size of the crowd in Nashville for our last game? Seems like there were a lot more people were allowed in compared to PNC, but it's hard to tell.

Pierre LeBrun polled the GMs on the Jack Adams Award. They don’t vote for that, the award is voted on by the NHL Broadcasters’ Association. He got 28 responses. RBA was named first on 17 ballots, 2nd on 7, 3rd on 1. LeBrun says he got responses from 28 GMs, and they couldn’t vote for their own coach, so that means that either 2 or 3, depending on whether Waddell voted left him off the ballot entirely. Q was 2nd with 8 1sr place votes, Dean Evason 3rd with 1 1sr place vote and 16 for 3rd place. Other coaches getting 1st place votes were Sullivan and DeBoer.

What was the size of the crowd in Nashville for our last game? Seems like there were a lot more people were allowed in compared to PNC, but it's hard to tell.
It wasn’t published in the official game notes from Saturday night. The last thing I saw was from mid-April and attendance was capped at 5,700.

The guys answered the capacity question, but I've noticed that teams are taking different approaches to how they spread out their limited number of fans during games. Nashville and Dallas operate in a bit more permissive environment so they seem to have more people in their lower bowl, while others (weirdly including Florida) seem to just spread everybody out evenly across the building. And this is hardly a scientific study ... this is just observations from games I happen to have watched and arenas where you can easily tell where the fans are located. Some barns, like Tampa, are so freaking dark you can only see when there are fan shots and that's no good because you only see the area directly in front of the camera.

I've been to Amalie arena (Tampa) once for a concert and was in the next to last row of an upper level section. You are way the heck up there, its a pretty massive barn with a lot of upper level seats.

I've been to Amalie arena (Tampa) once for a concert and was in the next to last row of an upper level section. You are way the heck up there, its a pretty massive barn with a lot of upper level seats.
Yeah, I like that arena a lot but it's got a weird layout for a relatively modern facility. A lot of the best seats are relatively far away from the action. Either way, it's too dark in there to see where the fans are regardless of where they seat 'em.

I have a 3 pm slot for playoff tickets today. I'd appreciate it if folks could post as to what the inventory looks like when their slot comes and goes. Thanks.

For those of you wondering what/who in the heck Amalie is, they make high quality lubricants like regular ol' engine oil. Carquest oil is actually Amalie oil branded appropriately. In a bit of corporate weirdness that I am sure netted Advance Auto Parts a boatload of cash, Carquest oil is now Fram oil. It's the same exact Amalie oil in the same exact plastic bottles, but with a Fram sticker instead of a Carquest sticker. Amalie is also the source for many house branded oil such as Walmart, O'Reilly, AutoZone, and a few others.

Back