• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

Wonder what his symptom(s) are? Staal did get dinged in last night's game. If you have a headache is that a symptom?

Well right but how many of the dozens of possible symptoms do you need to have for you to go on the Covid Protocol list? I would think that it behooves everyone to take zero chances every time, which means this could be nothing more than a headache and one other potential symptom.

It affects different people differently. COVID might barely phase one individual and knock the fool out of another. It made me feel like I slammed my lungs in a car door & I felt like I was trying to cough the bottoms of my lungs out. The week-long fever was the easiest part of it to take. I hope it is either a false alarm for J. Staal or it allows enough down time to get right.

Jim

Wonder what his symptom(s) are? Staal did get dinged in last night's game. If you have a headache is that a symptom?
It was clear as day last night when Staal looked at the trainer late in the third after getting dinged that he said no go to return. I don’t know what it takes to get on the Covid list but it was pretty clear whatever happened to him in the third was not just a nick, it was pretty apparent that he had an injury to his arm or hand.

Just because he's on the COVID list doesn't mean he has symptoms. You could be on the list for contact tracing purposes or because of an unconfirmed positive test.

Just because he's on the COVID list doesn't mean he has symptoms. You could be on the list for contact tracing purposes or because of an unconfirmed positive test.

There are 5 reasons for being on the Covid list.

This list includes players unavailable due to any of the following factors: 1) unconfirmed positive test, 2) isolation due to symptoms, 3) contact tracing, 4) confirmed case of COVID-19 or 5) quarantine for travel

I think it's somewhat safe to assume he hasn't tested positive because if he did wouldn't that make the entire team close contacts and result in cancellation of tonight's game at a minimum?

I think it's somewhat safe to assume he hasn't tested positive because if he did wouldn't that make the entire team close contacts and result in cancellation of tonight's game at a minimum?

That's what I think too. Brind’Amour has media availability at noon, so maybe we’ll hear more.

I have not read much about NHL Covid Protocols, but if I remember correctly, in the NFL, the units were reportedly kept in groups-- running backs, o-line, etc. The guys also have to wear a monitoring bracelet/band that indicates which players have been in contact with one another and if NFL protocols were violated. What's the NHL doing to track this?

Staal is still on the Covid list so I think that means he’s out for tomorrow night”s game in Nashville.

Back