• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

Mrazek in full pads at practice taking shots. But nothing on the blocker side in this short clip.

Your turn for Chucky

Wow, I actually like that trade!!! I know Chucky has his issues but Brindy could see what he can do with him here and Paquette is a good solid vet that can stir things up physically. Dzingel never really fit here well.

Your turn for Chucky

Well, I said it in the other thread, but personally I think Chucky is pretty close to irrelevant here. This trade was about ditching our most frustrating forward and getting Paquette to hold down the 4th line center job. If Galchenyuk stinks, you bury him ... if he shows up ready to play, then play him. Whatever. Dzingle was giving Carolina giant truckloads of nothing, so it's not like he's got big shoes to fill.

Another trade, not worthy of a separate thread. Canes trade the rights to Gregory Hofmann to the Jackets for a 7th round pick next year. Hofmann was drafted in the 4th round of the 2011 draft and has played in Switzerland ever since. Calgary drated Johnny Hockey with the pick right after the Canes took Hofmann.

Last edited:
Another trade, not worthy of a separate thread. Canes trade the rights to Gregory Hofmann to the Jackets for a 7th round pick next year. Hofmann was drafted in the 4th round of the 2011 draft and has played in Switzerland ever since. Calgary drated Johnny Hockey with the pick right after the Canes took Hofmann.
So we chose poorly

With the Gregory Hofmann experience finally ending in Carolina after 10 years, that has to be some kind of team record for rights being held without ever signing a contract or playing a game...

Last edited:
Carolina had basically given up on even trying to get Hoffman to come to North America, so the only interesting thing here is whether or not Jarmo can even get him to pick up the phone when he tries.

Tampa will be in town tomorrow. The Chicago game is moved to another date not decided yet
Yeah ... for reasons unexplained, the NHL has moved the Tampa game from March 28 up to tomorrow and postponed Chicago's game until some date to be announced later. Fun times, and apparently this is NOT directly related to the Covid status of any specific team at the current time.

Yeah ... for reasons unexplained, the NHL has moved the Tampa game from March 28 up to tomorrow and postponed Chicago's game until some date to be announced later. Fun times, and apparently this is NOT directly related to the Covid status of any specific team at the current time.
It’s probably related to the weather in Dallas, where they were supposed to play but were postponed. So we get Tampa 4 games in a row, hosting them again on Monday and then playing there Wednesday and Thursday.

Back