• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

Yeah ... and keep in mind that there's a very good chance that capacity will be increased should the Canes keep going past the end of May. I've been told that's everything but a done deal ... pending vax rates and other metrics.

Yea. 100% on June 1 if things get done.

boy, a buddy of mine is unhappy. Has been a STHer since the beginning but didn't get tickets this year until he got vaccinated recently. Now he likely won't get a sniff of playoff tickets unless they expand the number of seats. His chance his Thursday to get them and I'm sure they'll be gone. I can understand them trying to reward those of us that got tickets this year but I'm sure they're having to do some schmoozing to try to calm some unrest. Tough all of the way around.

yes they should not have made people who sat out this year go to back of the line.
I understand their thinking, to reward people who supported them at the box office, but it risks alienating long time STM, which is a long term problem caused by short term thinking.

boy, a buddy of mine is unhappy. Has been a STHer since the beginning but didn't get tickets this year until he got vaccinated recently. Now he likely won't get a sniff of playoff tickets unless they expand the number of seats. His chance his Thursday to get them and I'm sure they'll be gone. I can understand them trying to reward those of us that got tickets this year but I'm sure they're having to do some schmoozing to try to calm some unrest. Tough all of the way around.
I'm in the same boat but I'm not that fired up about it. This is a WEIRD season and we all made our own choices based on our own priorities. The teams are doing the best they can, and they're making their choices. Nothing is perfect.

I'm in the same boat but I'm not that fired up about it. This is a WEIRD season and we all made our own choices based on our own priorities. The teams are doing the best they can, and they're making their choices. Nothing is perfect.
I agree, JB. It was my call to opt out of this season and apply my credit balance toward 2021-22. Now that I'm fully vaccinated, I would be interested in attending playoff games, but I have no problem with the people who opted in for tickets this year getting their chance at tickets before me.

I've been a STM for about 15 years and I purposely didn't attend any games this season, but have allowed the Canes to hold on to the money I spent on the 20-21 season, so I hope they will be recognized when it comes to granting tickets.

There is just no good way to approach this with the limited seating for round 1. For me, its quite possible that with only 5 years of full STM priority (they don't count my season tickets from 2000-2002), if they had just offered up round 1 playoff tickets to STMs with higher priority than me I might get shut out despite paying for the 20 game plan this season. THAT would also of course have angered a lot of folks (like me).

I'll be bummed out if I don't get tickets, but I understand that this is really a terrible situation and it won't affect my participation in the years to come. I don't recall if they said anything about needing to purchase tickets this season to qualify for playoff priorities, but it is what it is.

I'll be bummed out if I don't get tickets, but I understand that this is really a terrible situation and it won't affect my participation in the years to come. I don't recall if they said anything about needing to purchase tickets this season to qualify for playoff priorities, but it is what it is.
I don't see anywhere in the emails we received where they specifically stated that people who purchased ticket plans for this season would jump to the front of the line for playoff tickets. That might not have been specifically decided until recently when it became apparent that round 1 would still be limited capacity.

If the Canes win the division and get to round 2, round 2's first home game for the Canes would be before the end of May.

There is one of our potential 'want to maybe rest Pesce or Dougie in the last game if we have wrapped up everything we hope to have wrapped up' option.

There is one of our potential 'want to maybe rest Pesce or Dougie in the last game if we have wrapped up everything we hope to have wrapped up' option.
If you rest guys in the last game, they'd be playing no games for 6 days. Don't think you want that. 4 days off is enough unless someone is dealing with a medical issue.

I usually have no qualms at all about coughing up large chunks of green for playoff tickets, but I am more than fine with waiting things out until they increase to full capacity and try my luck in rounds two or three or maybe four...

Brindy is not a "rest the guys for the playoffs" kind of coach. If he sits somebody it's either because they're struggling or hurt.

Brindy is not a "rest the guys for the playoffs" kind of coach. If he sits somebody it's either because they're struggling or hurt.
Yep. He might adjust minutes, but he’s never going to sit someone to give them a day off.

3 points up on Vegas with them having a GIH on us.
Tampa 4 back w/o a game in hand.
Florida NLR. (No longer relevant)
Washington 6 points back w/o a GIH.
Pittsburgh NLR
Colorado 7 points back 2 GIH
Toronto 7 points back 1 GIH
Minnesota 8 points back 1 GIH
I think that's all the President's cup options.
Magic numbers
VGK : 6 I think (Might be 5)
Tampa: 3
Washington: 1
Colorado: 4
Toronto: 2
Minnesota: 1
President's trophy stuff. (And Central Division.)

Back