• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

I was just on the Ticketmaster regular site. Plenty of regular tickets for sale there. I'm not logged in so everyone should see them.

They are calling it a pre-sale but there didn't appear to be any restrictions or requirements. I can say they are holding back seats for sure (likely until tomorrow so STMs get one final exclusive crack today). But if you want 2 tix for Wed, I see plenty on regular Ticketmaster.com that are not resales.

Last edited:
I was just on the Ticketmaster regular site. Plenty of regular tickets for sale there. I'm not logged in so everyone should see them.

They are calling it a pre-sale but there didn't appear to be any restrictions or requirements. I can say they are holding back seats for sure (likely until tomorrow so STMs get one final exclusive crack today). But if you want 2 tix for Wed, I see plenty on regular Ticketmaster.com that are not resales.
Gotcha, thanks for pointing that out. I now see the standard admission tickets. I saw them listed starting at $140 and just assumed that had to be the resale price. SIlly me. They are just not offering anything below that. Thanks y'all for the help.

I picked up 4 strips on Monday and was able to add 2 strips at my 1:30pm window today... a little late opening it up, it was maybe 1:37 before it let me into the event though, I almost gave up thinking I hit my max or something.

Don't know if y'all have read the Team Chaos guide to the playoffs yet, but this is the line of the year:

The Hurricanes play duck duck goose after they win and then make a T-shirt about you getting mad.

seats are available in lower level but lowest cost is $320 for 2 games for 2 seats.

General public can now buy tickets , they did not wait until noon today.

Don't know if y'all have read the Team Chaos guide to the playoffs yet, but this is the line of the year:

The Hurricanes play duck duck goose after they win and then make a T-shirt about you getting mad.
Sean knows us all too well.

Michael Smith says all of the injured guys...Slavin, Pesce and Paquette are practicing today. Slavin got in extra work with the taxi squad before practice. Mrazek has been in the starter’s crease all week, so no suspense there.

Looks like about 75 original public price tickets left for Game 1 on the TM site, all in lower bowl sideline or center ice. Probably 200 resale seats (marked-up, of course) scattered around the arena.

Looks like about 75 original public price tickets left for Game 1 on the TM site, all in lower bowl sideline or center ice. Probably 200 resale seats (marked-up, of course) scattered around the arena.
Luke says current working capacity is 11,000 but the team has a call with the league later today in hopes of raising it.

if they put on public sale before noon eastern this is epic fail for me. I havent bought tickets in over 5 years, and I was ready to go in this year. and waiting for noon... They shouldnt advertise noon eastern sale and then have 0 tickets cause they started the sale early.
Its not like Im sitting in front of my computer 24x7 waiting for some even earlier release than advertised on thurs/fri.

you should go ahead and get signed in, looks like TM now has this "Lobby/Waiting Room/Queue" thing to control the rush at first opening of a sale. I'm not sure how I could see them early, I was using a private browser window and not logged into my Canes or TM account, so I shouldn't have had any browser cookies or anything giving me non-public access. Was just watching availability for curiosity sake; I already have mine through the STM site. Tried to add a couple to shopping cart just for grins and it threw me out to the "Lobby", so I'm not sure what the deal was, but the available seats on TM definitely decreased over the last hour or so... it was only 12 blue original seats left (8 of them singles) for Game 1 when I got kicked out.... or who knows, really, when it's TM we're talking about. And like Andy mentioned, they may be adding more over the day, so don't give up.

> I'm #259 in the queue to even look at Game 1 tickets now.... now 169 and 142, 129, etc... things moving pretty quickly.... 116.....

>> I'm in now, and not sure what they even were showing me earlier, but looks like plenty available at least in lower level, and 2nd level North end... Good luck!

Last edited:
Before noon today they had SOME tickets available on TicketMaster, advertised as a 'pre-sale'. These were available yesterday as well and were exclusive to general TicketMaster (those seats were NOT being made available to STMs). Once noon hit today they released all of rest of the available tickets they had been holding just for STMs.

According to Waddell, they MIGHT be able to sell some additional seats as well still, that is being negotiated/discussed with the NHL.

One thing to note if you haven't been to a game this season, if you have your arena favorite foods, don't anticipate that they will be available. I haven't heard any indications that the majority of the staples you find at PNC will be sold still. That would mean no pizza, no popcorn, no BBQ Pork Nachos (you could get a BBQ sandwich from the main food places but that was it), no ice cream, no PDQ, no Dippin Dots, no cheesesteaks, no Sausages, No Buffalo Bros., no cinnamon rolls, etc. I don't know if any of that is going to dramatically change tomorrow. The food was very limited, a few pre-prepared cold sandwiches. Hot Dogs, Chix Tenders, a BBQ sandwich and package chips. That was pretty much the extent of the food and that same offering was the only thing for sale at all open food places. I've heard rumors that MAYBE they will be offering fries and pretzels for sale again.

Anyhow if you typically are a dinner purchaser at the arena and have your staples, they might not be selling them. Prepare accordingly.

Last edited:
They started allowing tailgating at the end of the regular season. The lots open at 3PM tomorrow, so that certainly seems to indicate that tailgating is allowed.

Might go to 16k fans for round 2. Bought a new chiller with 500k ton capacity. Any guess what that costs?

Depending on the type of unit, anywhere from $500-1,000 per ton ... unless of course the market has been impacted by supply chain issues recently, which is entirely possible. Figure a half a million all in, give or take.

Depending on the type of unit, anywhere from $500-1,000 per ton ... unless of course the market has been impacted by supply chain issues recently, which is entirely possible. Figure a half a million all in, give or take.
I’m guessing that it’s the unit the Centennial Authority voted to pay for earlier this week?

I’m guessing that it’s the unit the Centennial Authority voted to pay for earlier this week?

I guess ... although Emily's article makes it sound like they're buying instead of renting and there's a lot more cost involved than just the unit itself ... piping, ductwork, controls, etc.

Back