• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Skinner skated with the taxi squad this morning, so he’s headed to the press box for the 3rd game in a row.

cmaleski2

NFL is like that too. The top receivers in the 70s would only have like 60 catches for 900 yards. That would be top 5 in the NFL.

HeyKurtz

NFL is like that too. The top receivers in the 70s would only have like 60 catches for 900 yards. That would be top 5 in the NFL.
Of course they only played a 14-game season throughout most of the 60s, but the point is still valid.

Paulie Walnuts

Roman Gabriel from NCSU was ACC player of the year in 61 with 937 yards passing And went winless in 1 year as coach of Raleigh Durham skyhawks!

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Wild put goalie Alex Stalock on waivers. He’s not much of, if any, upgrade to Ned, but he’s under contract for next season with a $785k cap hit, $750k actual. It solves the ”we don’t have a goalie to protect” problem though.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
That might be a cheaper option for the Canes' summer issues than some others, but I doubt Staylock lasts long enough on the waiver list for it to matter.

Paulie Walnuts

If another team claims him the Canes might be able to make a trade. His stats were decent last year so it is likely he is picked by a lower ranked team

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
If another team claims him the Canes might be able to make a trade. His stats were decent last year so it is likely he is picked by a lower ranked team
If somebody else claims Stayock, it will be because they have an immediate need. Carolina doesn't even really have that, so ... yeah. They might make a move for him (or somebody in similar circumstances) later on, but it's not likely to happen in the short term.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
How many goalies did Edmonton lose to Waivers? Forsling and...
I think that's all (NOT doing a deep dive on that subject), but they've had problems keeping guys healthy ... and the fact that their two primary keepers sort of suck.

Tryamw

I think that's all (NOT doing a deep dive on that subject), but they've had problems keeping guys healthy ... and the fact that their two primary keepers sort of suck.
for some reason I thought it was 2 but I'm probably misremembering.. but yeah they need help.