• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

HNIM

Now that ESPN has an NHL contract, they’ve found a way to put the NHL back on the home page menu bar. Totally feckless.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Now that ESPN has an NHL contract, they’ve found a way to put the NHL back on the home page menu bar. Totally feckless.
Wait. You're surprised that a corporate entity only cares about the niche sports in which they have a direct investment?

HNIM

Wait. You're surprised that a corporate entity only cares about the niche sports in which they have a direct investment?

Suggesting I'm surprised by that is like suggesting you're surprised by incompetence of NHL officiating. I just haven't gotten burned out complaining about it.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Hurricanes legend Martin Frk is on waivers. He’s only played 1 game for the Kings this season, on February 5.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Tortorella revealed on his radio show today that Boone Jenner has a broken finger and will be out 6 weeks.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Tortorella revealed on his radio show today that Boone Jenner has a broken finger and will be out 6 weeks.
Jenner's a big loss for them. He's a big part of that team's engine. The timing sucks too, since Nashville blew by them and the Blackhawks have been stubborn about fading away.

HurryCanes

Might be a wild ride in our division for a while. With so many teams fighting for that fourth spot, nobody (including the top 3) will avoid a lot of tough games down the stretch due to those teams trying to sneak their way in.

cmaleski2

Of the 4 teams battling for that #4 spot, Columbus is the one that really should be packing it in and selling before the deadline. They don't have much of a chance. Torts will have them playing hard no matter what but that team is done.

Chicago scares the heck out of me in a 7 game series as they have enough offensive firepower on the their top line to beat you by themselves, especially if they bog the game down like they have a few times against us.

I don't know what to make of Dallas but that is another team that has dealt with a ton of injuries that might look a heck of a lot better if they get everyone back.

We have rarely seen Nashville at full power either, so who knows what they are if everyone is in the lineup.

I expect Columbus to be deadline sellers. Still PITAs but they will continue to fade away in the standings. No team in our division can take a night off against Detroit either.

CanadaCanes

I second Chicago as a scary playoff opponent...and I could see them having Toews back at just the right time to pick that team up even more.

Poile must be torn on what to do with the Preds...trade away Ekholm, Granlund and maybe another vet or two this weekend and they sink fast.

Last edited:

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
I second Chicago as a scary playoff opponent...and I could see them having Tows back at just the right time to pick that team up even more.

Poile must be torn on what to do with the Preds...trade away Ekholm, Granlund and maybe another vet or two this weekend and they sink fast.
Most of the writers have taken Nashville off the sellers list for just that reason.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Best guess ... if Dallas can stay in touch until they get Bishop back and also get a couple of other guys healthy, then they've got a good shot at 4th. Their defense and those 3 games in hand give them a decent shot.