• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'All is short for Ye All. Back in the day, Thou was how an individual was addressed Where art Thou?), Ye was the group (Hear Ye!). So, y'all is plural for y'all. Don't remember where I learned that, but it stuck. Actually got in an argument with a friend's 20-something year old daughter, who was ready to fight that it was You All shortened. Almost made her cry when she found out I was right. Whatever.

Jim

ESPN has signed Kevin Weekes and Ryan Callahan as analysts. Weekes will be an in-game and studio analyst and will also continue working the NHL Network, ESPN is also in discussions with AJ Mlescko. Turner has signed Anson Carter.

I'm applying my 'who do I root for if not us?' logic, which means that I'm pulling for Vegas.

cmaleski 'if not us logic'

- Pull for team(s) that have NEVER won the "current" championship before (some exceptions apply)

- If all teams in play have won a championship, rank teams in order of obnoxiousness levels of fans (worst fans to the bottom)

Vegas
Habs
Tampa
Islanders

I'll certainly pull for Eric Staal to have a good series, but I can't pull for his current team, even if it costs him HoF points.

Rooting for Vegas the rest of the way... don't really care who wins it all f they don't.

I'm not a goaltending technique expert by any means, but what the heck was Vasilevskiy doing with his stick on that Barzel goal?

If you had told.me the fix was in and asked me to find evidence that would be exhibit A. You could have driven a truck through the 5 hole when he moved his stick out of the way like that.

Yeah ... I dunno. I think he followed the book on Barzal and got burned. That dude almost always shoots high, even when it doesn't make sense. Otherwise Vasilevskiy made some pretty tough stops, so I don't put that one on him. Their vets had what seemed like a million turnovers, mostly in awkward positions.

I think Tampa showed some mental fatigue yesterday. Like they had read the game plan and drilled on it, but just weren't ready to go do it quite yet. People talk like Carolina rolled over, but that's 100% not the case. Tampa had to give Grade A efforts to win those games in Round 2. And shifting gears to play a team that plays a completely different style isn't easy.

What I admire most about the Islanders is the amount of home grown, drafted prospects they have developed and stayed with who have turned into great players. Pullock, Mayfield, Beauvilier, Barzal, Czikas, Nelson, Bailey, Lee, Pelech, Dobson, Wahlstrom...the list is long!

What I admire most about the Islanders is the amount of home grown, drafted prospects they have developed and stayed with who have turned into great players. Pullock, Mayfield, Beauvilier, Barzal, Czikas, Nelson, Bailey, Lee, Pelech, Dobson, Wahlstrom...the list is long!
And as much as we bagged on the Isles for Garth Snow being named GM straight from the roster, he drafted all of them except Wahlstrom and Dobson and his dismissal was so close to the 2018 draft, I don’t know how much time Uncle Lou spent overruling the scouts.

And as much as we bagged on the Isles for Garth Snow being named GM straight from the roster, he drafted all of them except Wahlstrom and Dobson and his dismissal was so close to the 2018 draft, I don’t know how much time Uncle Lou spent overruling the scouts.
Well the Isle need to thank Boston for not taking Barzal.

And imagine if they hadn't wasted money on a few useless contracts and could have kept Devon Toews.

Snow had a rough, rough start but eventually figured out a player development scheme that worked. Not saying anybody should rush out to hire the guy as a GM, but he's unemployed in an era when even the worst former GMs seem to get a second chance.

Color me actually astonished. I wonder how much ice time they had to promise the guy to get a contract done.
Nothing drastic, just top line and top PP unit. He wanted approval on Tortorella’s replacement but they hired him over the weekend, so they had to increase Hoffman‘s contract from the proposed $750k to $900k

Cross one coach off Seattle’s list. Larry Brooks reports, and Pierre LeBrun confirms, that Gerard Gallant has been hired as the Rangers coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back