• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Stamkos was back for the Ning last night and ... yup. He parked himself on that off side face off dot and jacked in a goal.

Good article by Katie Strang at The Athletic about the dysfunction in the Coyotes front office. And hiring Armstrong from the Blues apparently hasn’t helped, he threatened to blackball Strang around the league.

Good article by Katie Strang at The Athletic about the dysfunction in the Coyotes front office. And hiring Armstrong from the Blues apparently hasn’t helped, he threatened to blackball Strang around the league.

For the record ... Katie Strang is a bad-ass and there's nothing good that can come from jerking her around.

The radio stations owned by Meruelo Group are clients of my company. Nothing Strang reports is terribly surprising to me.

Poor Forslund. Stuck with Pierre tonight and it’s damn near impossible to listen. Mute button is worn out. Uggh.

Janne Kuokkanen had 3 assists tonight for the Devils. He has 1 goal and 5 assists in 10 games.

The Canes are going to have to deal with Eetu Luostarinen tomorrow night. He has 2 goals and 4 assists in 13 games for Florida.

The Canes are going to have to deal with Eetu Luostarinen tomorrow night. He has 2 goals and 4 assists in 13 games for Florida.
Luostarinen has really popped recently in those 8-9 minute extended highlight packages the NHL runs on YouTube. I like to browse those in the morning.

Paulie this is not a political thread.
Technically, there are no political threads on this board ... which Paulie knows ... which he thinks he's avoiding by not naming names. He's not ... and should knock it off. Anybody who wants to swerve into Orange Man Bad/Good territory is welcome to take it elsewhere.

Luostarinen has really popped recently in those 8-9 minute extended highlight packages the NHL runs on YouTube. I like to browse those in the morning.
Thankfully we got back Trochek and he has taken off, otherwise parting with Luostarinen might hurt a bit more!

The Coyotes have fired back at Katie Strang and The Athletic...

One thing I know for sure about Strang ... she doesn't go to print without having her sources 100% nailed down. Trying to call her or The Athletic out is fairly pitiful.

many people with a lot of money got there by being total sleazeballs. Know a guy who did government contracts and he didn't play by the rules. That's actually pretty common with federal contracts. Sometimes they get caught but mostly they don't.

Dundon made a lot off high interest car loans to people with bad credit. That's legal but not what I would do.

Last edited:
Dundon made a lot off high interest car loans to people with bad credit. That's legal but not what I would do.
I keep seeing implications that that is somehow bad or slimy. Bad credit generally means more risk to the lender. So you would give them low interest loans? Or maybe none? Nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to borrow money. I’m honestly curious how you think it should work?

The "Eichel wants out" chatter will be ratcheting up again if things continue on this path in Buffalo. Anyone think Taylor Hall is going to re-up with Buffalo?

To add insult, they have to protect Jeff Skinner in the waiver draft because he has a full NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back