• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Back in the early days, the two flag hurricane warning logo was dissed by most as being to complicated or would be so small you couldn't see it. Well, great job getting it done. Now ditch those hideous reverse Whaler jerseys. May we never see those ever again.

Speaking of jerseys, it will be interesting to see what the Canes do with the outdoor game jerseys next season. One of the online websites that do mock-up jerseys threw this one out there in the past as a reverse retro concept...it's actually pretty well done!

Attachments

• Ep8NNsPW4AMgY7F.jpg
    Ep8NNsPW4AMgY7F.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1
I like the jersey concept (except for the red numbers on black -- just forget seeing those from the upper deck at Carter Finley), but not sure we're getting "outdoor game ... next season".

Going into 20-21 when it was scheduled, STM were billed based on 42 games instead of 43, assuming the seating and pricing for the outdoor game were separate and still TBD. For our new invoice for 21-22, we are being billed based on 43 games again.

That is a good point StormChaser, I didn't catch that. Another explanation could be they are ditching the 'free exhibition' game for 21-22 and charging STMs for it in an effort to squeeze some more money out of us. Typically there are 3 home exhibition games a season, but we have only had to pay for 2 recently because they have made one of them 'free'.

Also for those who loved (or hated) the 'parking included' process for this season, STMs are being charged parking separately again in our packages. So expect to be paying for parking. I also expect that to be fully cashless going forward for those who don't purchase parking in advance (which might cause a bit of chaos).

Yeah, I thought about that possibility; I figure the more likely one (since I've heard nothing about a reschedule of that game as well) is that it costs a lot of resources (money, planning, time, etc..) to get ready to put on an outdoor game, and there's no point in putting a secondary (non Winter Classic) outdoor game on the books and starting the clock again on spending those resources toward putting it on before they have better visibility to truly being past COVID concerns getting in the way. Best case scenario I'd say is hopefully we'll get the next outdoor game in 22-23 season.

The other option is that the Canes may have to decided to let STHers have tickets to the outdoor game as a part of the package price. It would be a pretty good perk, but they could still place the STHers in basic seating and charge us for upgrades.

Exactly. Back in the early days, the two flag hurricane warning logo was dissed by most as being to complicated or would be so small you couldn't see it. Well, great job getting it done. Now ditch those hideous reverse Whaler jerseys. May we never see those ever again.
I mean ... I still don't really personally like the flagpole logo, but whatever. It's better than the previous version of the 3rd. And yeah, the grey Whalers unis can die in a tire fire for all I care. They look terrible on TV and look almost as bad in person.

Also for those who loved (or hated) the 'parking included' process for this season, STMs are being charged parking separately again in our packages. So expect to be paying for parking. I also expect that to be fully cashless going forward for those who don't purchase parking in advance (which might cause a bit of chaos).
So long as they bring back my beloved Premiere Parking, I'll be happy. Then I can go back to showing up 10 minutes before the anthem, like my anti-social little heart desires.

I love my Premiere parking 364 days out of the year, we've had that since the parking disasters during the 2002 Cup run I think. The day I look at my new invoice and see 4 figures on a line item for Parking I don't like it so much. Doesn't hurt so much if I don't think about it.

I had premier parking when my kids were young so we could get in and out quickly on school nights. But none of our tailgating friends had it and it got to be a PITA to haul all the stuff over to the tailgate spot. So we gave it up. Once they started routing exiting east side general parking out the bus entrance directly into Wade Ave., leaving is pretty easy.

I had premier parking when my kids were young so we could get in and out quickly on school nights. But none of our tailgating friends had it and it got to be a PITA to haul all the stuff over to the tailgate spot. So we gave it up. Once they started routing exiting east side general parking out the bus entrance directly into Wade Ave., leaving is pretty easy.
Yea, I could understand that would be a pain. One thing I did note this playoff seasons was I got a number of nasty looks from people when I had the audacity to pull in an empty parking spot that disrupted their tailgating as they were using another spot for “overflow”. I get needing a little space, especially early when there are a lot of spaces open, but when the parking is tight you have to use all the spaces.

LeBrun has some expansion draft stuff and the summer calendar in his column this morning. One of the items is that Seattle was granted “same club” rights to any UFAs they sign duing their exclusive negotiating window from 7/18 - 21. That means they can offer 8 year deals, the same as the player’s current team. After the free agent market opens on 7/28, only 7 year deals are allowed.

LeBrun has some expansion draft stuff and the summer calendar in his column this morning. One of the items is that Seattle was granted “same club” rights to any UFAs they sign duing their exclusive negotiating window from 7/18 - 21. That means they can offer 8 year deals, the same as the player’s current team. After the free agent market opens on 7/28, only 7 year deals are allowed.

Pardon my french, but who the hell thought THAT was a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back