• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look ... I like Giordano and he's had a wonderful career, but that dude is 37 years old and has put together back to back seasons where he is obviously in decline. Why on earth would everyone be assuming that Seattle is going to take him?
I saw that too, and it makes no sense to me either.

Frank Seravalli says he wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bruins and Taylor Hall announcing a deal after the UFA moratorium is lifted. He says in the neighborhood of 4 years/$6 million. After having a miserable 37 games in Buffalo, he bounced back with 8 goals, 6 assists in 16 games in Boston.

And the leaks have started. Both LeBrun and Friedman say that Seattle did not select Carey Price.

Apparently taking Fleury from the Habs.. And Dunn from the Blues (Not Tarasenko) -Seravalli
Also McCann probably not staying a leaf..
Sounds like Hayden will Krack

Last edited:
LOL at me ... it's being reported that Francis is indeed taking Giordano. Maybe just to flip, but once again ... does Francis really do fancy deals? No, he doesn't.

Also, looking at the names leaked and it's pretty obvious that he's going to try and UFA himself a first line. Unless somebody is thinking Jarnkrok, McCann and Eberle looks like a good idea for a first line.

We we will see what the rest of the roster looks like tonight, but yeah, with what we know of so far, it appears Ronnie is a building a team that will try to win games 2-1. Jake Bean would have no place on such a team....

Not sure where Ronnie thinks the goals are going to come by with what he has assembled so far, you need a few guys that can at least light the lamp consistently, maybe the UFA period still nets him some of that like JB suggested. I would have thought you could have picked up a couple of established guys like maybe Tarasenko and JVR who at least could carry the load offensively a bit, if even for the short term and flip them at the deadline.

I thought Francis had a few chances to swing for the fences up front, starting with Landeskog. But it seems like they tried to talk to him about a shorter term deal and he wasn't having it. I mean, I get it. I'm not sure it's a great idea for an expansion team to be committing to super long term deals right out of the gate. And look, apparently no "other deals" will be announced (or leaked to Frank Flipping Seravalli) until tonight. But this thing has Ron Francis written all over it. Safe, cheap, flexible ... his mantra.

Hey look ... at least he's not setting the next guy up to fail, like so many GMs would have done when presented with those options. You just know 90% of the meathead GMs in this league would have taken every old guy with a familiar name and a fat contract just because their salary counter was set to $0.00

From the lists I've seen, the Kraken are going to end up right around that minimum cap hit they are allowed to select via the expansion draft ($48.9 million under contract for 21-22) in terms of signed players. They will have RFA Vince Dunn still to sign and a then a few other unsigned RFAs (no one good). They didn't bite on most high priced players available, going so far as taking minor league dreck from the Flyers rather than JVR or Voracek (at least in the expansion draft, we will see what else might happen there)

Seattle is going to have a LOT of cap room left to mess with after the expansion draft list is counted. Plenty of options there for Ronnie on how to deploy that cap room.

Last edited:
Also, looking at the names leaked and it's pretty obvious that he's going to try and UFA himself a first line. Unless somebody is thinking Jarnkrok, McCann and Eberle looks like a good idea for a first line.
Don’t forget Joonas Donskoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back