• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle expected to sign Driedger so doubtful they would grab Price at that cap hit. Looks like they could go Driedger, the Minnesota backup in Kahkonen and perhaps a vet like Holtby or another young guy like Vanecek from the Caps. They have to pick at least three goaltenders.
Driedger gets 3 years/$10.5 million. Actual s are 2.5, 3.5, 4.5

Ned’s price just went up again.

Oleksiak got 5 years/$23 million

I will happy with one deal after watching Seattle make every effort to bank as much cap space as they could legally get away with by picking a whole lot of dreck.

I will happy with one deal after watching Seattle make every effort to bank as much cap space as they could legally get away with by picking a whole lot of dreck.
Was it the Gavin Beyreuther or Carson Twarynski home run pick that sent you over the edge?

Typical Francis picks: lotsa dreck and near-dreck, virtually nobody who scores goals or assists. Stockpiling cap space. With an opportunity to draft Carey Price - Francis picks uh, wha'zisname... I wonder how long they're gonna love Ol' Ron in Seattle?

Francis picked Kurtis MacDermid from the Kings. His father Paul was drafted by the Whalers the same year as Francis and they were teammates for 9 seasons until Paul was traded to Winnipeg for Randy Cunneyworth in 1989.

Kurtis MacDermid is a Dman, but is similar to his dad in terms of willingness to play physical and drop the gloves. Of course when Paul MacDermid was playing for the Whalers, dropping the gloves wasn't a one or twice a season thing like it is today.

Ronnie also drafted 'center' John Quenneville from Chicago. He is a 2nd cousin to Panther coach and former Francis teammate Joel Quenneville.

Both of those picks seem a pretty unlikely coincidence?

Darren Dreger tweeted that the Canadian Hockey League and NHL are working on an agreement that would allow any players with remaining junior eligibility who played at least 20 games in the AHL last year to play there again this year. It will primarily affect players from the OHL since they were the only league that didn’t play. Seth Jarvis played 9 games in Chicago before returning to Portland so he’s not eligible. Suzuki and Rees aren’t affected because their juniors eligibility is up.

Driedger gets 3 years/$10.5 million. Actual s are 2.5, 3.5, 4.5

Ned’s price just went up again.
Dreidger basically IS Ned, at least it terms of NHL service. So yeah, there's your price for the arbitrator for sure. The challenge will be to find a way to get his to agree to less without going that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back