• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23, 2023-24 Hurricanes Prospects and Minors Thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, we officially have a goalie glut. The Canes signed Ruslan Khazheyev to his entry deal. He gets 3 years at $775k AAV in the NHL, $82.5k in the AHL and $210k in signing bonuses. No word on if it contains loan language. He was drafted in the 2023 5th round. He won’t be 20 until November.

The Canes now have 5 goalies under contract for next year; Andersen, Kochetkov, Martin, Perets and Khazheyev.

wow, 5th round last year Euro goalie already being signed.... that's.... un-Cane like. Pretty good stats the last time CM2 posted them though.

I think it would be quite a stretch for Khazheyev to play in the AHL next season. He pretty much only played in the Russian Juniors so far.

I would think that he would end up staying in Russia and at a minimum playing at least one VHL/KHL season there. But at least now that he has an NHL entry level deal we can get the kid over here for NHL camp and allow him a chance to spend some time with our Russian contingent before he hopefully heads back to Russia for a full season as a 1A/B goalie in the VHL somewhere.

I think it would be quite a stretch for Khazheyev to play in the AHL next season. He pretty much only played in the Russian Juniors so far.

I would think that he would end up staying in Russia and at a minimum playing at least one VHL/KHL season there. But at least now that he has an NHL entry level deal we can get the kid over here for NHL camp and allow him a chance to spend some time with our Russian contingent before he hopefully heads back to Russia for a full season as a 1A/B goalie in the VHL somewhere.
There's also the ECHL option should he want to stick around once he comes to camp.

Pashin cleared waivers. He's reportedly signing a contract with KHL Spartak Moscow.

Yanev Perets playoff numbers:

5-5 3.04 GAA .888 Sv%. After going up 2-0 in their 2nd round series against Adirondack by winning 2 games on the road, Norfolk did this at home:

L 2-1 OT
L 5-2 *** Perets didn't play this game
L 2-1

They then dropped Game 6 back at Adirondack 5-1 and are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back