• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Nashville is gearing up for right freaking now, and I agree that they really need forward help more than anything else. That said ... Josi/Pesce would be an absolutely rockin' first pairing. For a year, maybe 2. But what they need now is guys who will score the puck.

Delusional Preds fans calling Pesce a “depth” dman on the Twitter. As if he wouldn’t immediately step onto the top pair with Josi.

Delusional Preds fans calling Pesce a “depth” dman on the Twitter. As if he wouldn’t immediately step onto the top pair with Josi.
Fans are mostly idiotic across the board when it comes to non-scoring D on other teams. On the flip side, they routinely and wildly overrate the same kind of player on their own team ... especially if they're even a little bit physical. It's a whole thing.

I haven't seen anything official about the trade being executed yet. A bunch of sites are saying its done and Massimo Rizzo is heading to the Flyers but none of those sites are anything I would trust.

Meanwhile, Rizzo is supposed to be in town tomorrow for the start of the Prospects camp.

I haven't seen anything official about the trade being executed yet. A bunch of sites are saying its done and Massimo Rizzo is heading to the Flyers but none of those sites are anything I would trust.

Meanwhile, Rizzo is supposed to be in town tomorrow for the start of the Prospects camp.
He should already be here, player arrival was today. Torture..l mean fitness testing starts at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

I mean, it's past 5 on a Sunday. You're not gonna get any news at this point. I guess we'll see tomorrow if that thing is still on or if the rumor sites just are just refusing to give up their dog bone. There's been a lot of that going around this summer for whatever reason.

Perhaps 🤞🏼 the TDA trade has foundered as there is still speculation that Karlsson is the Canes target… but yes, I expected the TDA deal to be finalized by now.

Even with the DeBrincat trade resolved believe that Ottawa does not currently have room for Tarasenko at the level he wants from them.

We may be waiting to see if Tarasenko is eliminated for us before pulling trigger on the next sequence as it would not leave room for him if available.

So just curious to the locals in here...at what retained salary number does Karlsson make sense for the Canes? Are we talking anything like $7 million or under and of course Pesce or Skjei's cap hit being moved out for it to work? I guess in a perfect world 50% retention on that fat Karlsson cap hit is a big win...if you could get that.

Walt Ruff just tweeted that Dom Fensore will not be able to participate in Development Camp due to injury.

Back