• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Elliotte Friedman says the Canes are signing Brendan Lemieux, 1 year/$800k
Gross

Between that idiot and Bunting, Carolina's going to be killing off a LOT of penalties for no particular reason.

Last edited:
Lemieux is TDA at the forward position in terms of sandpaper.

We haven't iced that level of 'grit' in our lineup for quite a while. Ferland? Brad Malone? Kevin Westgarth? Even farther back than that? Someone who isn't a fighter but is basically out there to just to stir up crap and annoy the other team.

He's a punk, but he's our punk now I guess. We do a lot of complaining about no one sticking up for teammates when certain liberties are taken because we are pretty soft outside of Martinook and maybe Noesen trying to play 'tough'. Well, now we got a guy.

Lemieux is TDA at the forward position in terms of sandpaper.

We haven't iced that level of 'grit' in our lineup for quite a while. Ferland? Brad Malone? Kevin Westgarth? Even farther back than that? Someone who isn't a fighter but is basically out there to just to stir up crap and annoy the other team.

He's a punk, but he's our punk now I guess. We do a lot of complaining about no one sticking up for teammates when certain liberties are taken because we are pretty soft outside of Martinook and maybe Noesen trying to play 'tough'. Well, now we got a guy.
Yep, spot on analysis for me too on this one. Blame Florida and the greasy shit they brought...but many times the Canes do not have anyone to counter that crap...you may not like guys like that but you need them at times. Bunting...Lemieux, maybe TDA...it's a bit of an edgier look, even if these guys are not Mama's favorites.

OH CRAP! Isn't that wat we got Bunting for without the certainty of waayyy too many penalties against. This guy couldn't score in a whore house with a roll of hundreds. We need some serious offensive production and Waddell wastes $$$$ on detrius.

We don't know what it would take to get W. Nylander but it looks like Leafs may not be able to keep him but he is what we really need!

Well if you pay the Leaf's fan price it would be Necas, Jarvis, Pesce and a 1st for Nylander.
Anybody taking on the full contract won't be giving up more than 2 quality pieces ... but you knew that. I like him a lot. He might be a bit too similar to Carolina's existing talent profile in the Top 6 but he's VERY good. Is he give up Pesce and another quality player/1st rounder good? Probably, but you'd have to do your homework and be 100% sure about getting him signed to an extension.

YES on an extension. It looks like we may lose Pesce as it is, so... And there's a lot of noise about going after Karlsson at high cost - would we rather have an 80 point 'defenseman' at $8-9 mil who adds nothing to D or the same $$$ on needed forward.

And he might consider it more likely to win a cup here with all he could add than in Toronto even tho' EVERY body there thinks differently.

Last edited:
YES on an extension. It looks like we may lose Pesce as it is, so... And there's a lot of noise about going after Karlsson at high cost - would we rather have an 80 point 'defenseman' at $8-9 mil who adds nothing to D or the same $$$ on needed forward.

And he might consider it more likely to win a cup here with all he could add than in Toronto even tho' EVERY body there thinks differently.
Put it this way ... for me, if you're going to deal Pesce then I'd rather make that move in service of adding a quality forward than making it for Karlsson. I understand star power, blah, blah, blah ... but I don't trust that guy to stay healthy and I don't trust him to maintain his personal career renaissance through a change of scenery.

FWIW I'm also in the get better at Fwd and leave the D as it is camp.
I agree, I find it hard to believe that with Pesce as a headliner in a package that the Canes could not find a handful of teams that would be willing to move a top 6 forward that can score 30 goals. A right shot, top four defenseman is still one of the most sought ever commodities in the league, especially if you can get him locked up long term. Why trade away a bunch of picks and players for Karlsson...a guy that is not a good defender and is on the downside of his career age wise.

The Canes priorities are befuddling. They’re romancing Karlsson when I’d rather get a top six forward with hands. Trade away Pesce if you must, and the player who accompanies him can be Teravainen— MIA all season…

Back