• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I’d rest Slavin for the weekend if it means giving the man another few days to fully heal those nicks.
Yeah. A game or two are no hot shakes compared to the big picture. Better to get him healthy enough to be ready to play his usual load without causing further damage.

Besides ... I have an ulterior motive. The longer they watch Coghlan the more pressure there will be to go get a proper LD.

Where is Lot Prem4 in the parking lot?
That’s just a generic description. My parking passes say Lot GEN1. So PREM4 should get you into either of the premier lots on the east or west side. Premier is in the 1000 lot on the east side and 6000 lot on the west side.

OK, that's great to know. I'll just drive to the Trinity entrance and make a right at the stop sign and drive up along Carter Finley. Thanks.

OK, that's great to know. I'll just drive to the Trinity entrance and make a right at the stop sign and drive up along Carter Finley. Thanks.
Be prepared to show that permit to the guys at Trinity and then again up in the parking area itself. Sometimes the Cops on Trinity want to see it and sometimes not, but it's better to have it open and available on your phone.

Oh, sure, be one of THEM #EastSiders

#WestIsBest

;)
I’m ambivalent, but my wife has strong feelings about sitting on the east side. We sat on the west side for most of the games we bought singles for in the 1999-2000 season, but our season tickets since the 2000-01 season have been on the east side.

Is there any chance Waddell can unload Kotkaniemi, Turbo, or Stastny before the deadline? Any or all? Stastny may have some use in the playoffs, being a "veteran" and all. And now many pucks would need to be in the bag for Kotkaniemi?

Last edited:
Is there any chance Waddell can unload Kotkaniemi, Turbo, or Stastny before the deadline? Any or all? Stastny may have some use in the playoffs, being a "veteran" and all. And now many pucks would need to be in the bag for Kotkaniemi?
No, and there's almost zero chance that he's looking to do so.

I'd love to see the Hurricanes exhibit some of the same urgency on the powerplay they used at the end of the Sharks game. I get it that it was against the Sharks & all, but the PP intensity just isn't there. Makes me wonder what Tim Gleason is telling them, because it ain't working...at all. Come the playoffs, other teams will take liberties because they don't fear Carolina with the extra attacker. We all remember how that turned out last year. It's long past time to get it fixed, so just throw somebody else out there to mix things up and get out of this stale funk. What would it cost at this point anyway?

Jim

Bottom line ... come the playoffs when EVERY team discovers a true dedication to selling out in the defensive zone, if you can't score on power play you make it very difficult on yourself. The Canes 100% have the personnel to at least be competent on the PP. This not a talent issue. This is a figure out how to get it done issue.

We play the Slugs in Buffahole on Wednesday, this is worth keeping track of. They’re off until that game.

Back