• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022 Free Agent Frenzy

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Instead of cluttering up the Miscellaneous thread, use this for non-Canes signings. I’ll creat a separate thread for Canes signings, should there be any so we don’t have multiple threads for them.

Rumblings on Trocheck to the Rangers.....
Solid Strome replacement, but that would put them out of the Copp re-signing business. They have $10 mil available and still need to re-sign (or replace) Kakko. Pittsburgh re-signing Malkin takes Pittsburgh out of the mix for Trocheck. Otherwise, he's stuck with the striving class of pretenders ... and I feel like one of that bunch can offer him more than the Rangers can.

3-5 years around $5 million AAV. If that’s the ask, Canes were foolish to let it get that far, it’s a modest increase over the $4.75 million AAV on his expired contract.
Yes ... unless they didn't want to be in the paying Trocheck $5 million when he's well over 30 years old business. And I suspect they did not.

Dreger says that the Devils traded RFA Pavel Zacha to the Bruins. Creating space for Johnny Hockey?
The consensus seems to be that Gaudreau is either going to Jersey or Philly to finish his career nearer to home. I know which one of the two I'd prefer if I was a scoring winger ... the one without Torts.

BTW ... Zacha would be a good pickup for Boston. Steady Eddy two way centerman who can free up Coyle to go back to the wing where he's been more effective. And if they manage to get both Krejcji and Bergeron back, then they can think about dumping that headcase Huala on somebody else.

Dreger says that the Devils traded RFA Pavel Zacha to the Bruins. Creating space for Johnny Hockey?
Absolutely a cap clearing move for Johnny Hockey! The Flyers do not have near the space that the Devils do and even if they shipped out a contract like JVR's how much does that cost in a trade for Philly...

The consensus seems to be that Gaudreau is either going to Jersey or Philly to finish his career nearer to home. I know which one of the two I'd prefer if I was a scoring winger ... the one without Torts.
But you're living in NJ.

There's nothing New in Jersey.

Josh Manson re-signs with the Avs, 4 years, $4.5 million AAV
That's a lot of term, but I guess they're losing Johnson's contract after next season so Manson can move into the older statesman D who kind of sucks sometimes role after he's gone.

Back