• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

How would you compare his offensive upside to Slaf
I'll offer my 2-bits. Not even close.

He's prone to tunnel vision. Not a good passer. Unimpressive IQ-wise. Slaf has far higher upside, IMO. The only area where one could say Lindstrom MIGHT have a very slight edge, is nastiness. But I think Slaf is ramping-up that side of his game now. And I found Lindstrom was a bit selective in that regard depending on who he was facing.

How would you compare his offensive upside to Slaf
I thought Slaf was higher, lots more skills and finesse, better stick handler and passer. Lindstrom is a bit of a better skater, both shots are comparable. I see Lindstrom as a 50 points winger as an upside barring injuries, with an outside chance at being a 60 points guy. I have a real hard time seeing him as a center but I can be wrong.

I think Slaf can be a ppg player.

I thought Slaf was higher, lots more skills and finesse, better stick handler and passer. Lindstrom is a bit of a better skater, both shots are comparable. I see Lindstrom as a 50 points winger as an upside barring injuries, with an outside chance at being a 60 points guy. I have a real hard time seeing him as a center but I can be wrong.

I think Slaf can be a ppg player.

Lindstrom 50-60 points fuck him in the top 5

His knees. He's playing in an inferior league. He's Russian, so there's always potential for political issues or "deciding" he'd rather play over there. Plus, he's on the smallish size.
I have almost 0 concerns about him, especially compared to all the other forwards available in the draft, he's going to be a stud. He's the only other guy that I see with first line potential.

His knees. He's playing in an inferior league. He's Russian, so there's always potential for political issues or "deciding" he'd rather play over there. Plus, he's on the smallish size.
Not to mention the inevitable homophobic or pro-Putin comment and subsequent media firestorm that Habs management will have to address. And what if, the day after the Habs draft him in absentia, the Red Army drafts him to bleed for Mother Russia on the Ukrainian steppe?

The idea of these Russian superstar players is inevitably better than the reality of them.

I have almost 0 concerns about him, especially compared to all the other forwards available in the draft, he's going to be a stud. He's the only other guy that I see with first line potential.
I think you underrate Lindstrom. He definitely has 1st line potential.

lets just take the next Pietro from London

Always take BPA. By the time he’s a rookie or just getting adjusted to the league (in 2 years) Guhle and Sherrif already be 24/25 and Matheson will be gone.

This team is bad and needs as many top flight players as possible regardless of the position.

If HuGo deem the player to be Lindstrom, then so be it. But surely we’ve learned enough hard lessons about drafting for need or making silly trades for the same reason.

Not to mention the inevitable homophobic or pro-Putin comment and subsequent media firestorm that Habs management will have to address. And what if, the day after the Habs draft him in absentia, the Red Army drafts him to bleed for Mother Russia on the Ukrainian steppe?

The idea of these Russian superstar players is inevitably better than the reality of them.
I know lots of Russian people. They're not afraid of gays. What gives?? ;)

I don't care if he's Russian or not. I do care that it's hard to assess him due to the Russian boycotts. At the very least, I wish he played the year in the KHL so that at least he could be comped with Michkov.

He's so skilled. But do you get a Kucherov or do you get a Yakupov? Ultimately, I do trust our scouting staff and upper MGT now. And they've been scouting him in person. So hopefully they will be able to slot him on their list with reasonable accuracy.

Back