• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Cmon he does endless scouting from his parents basement.
He has his own business and self-finances B movies that he writes and direct. He became a scout from the comment section of Brunet's column.

What do you do beside sitting on your fat ass drinking rose and having shitty takes on forumice?

“the snake” is a genius in his own mind -Tulsky is a non hockey guy, never played the game at any level, never even watched the game but used his PHD background applying anaytics for DNA sequencing towards hockey analytics and Canes hired him.

Billion $ businesses are scouring the earth for game changing brilliant minds…
Hilarious. It's almost like you're not even trying:
What I find cute with your dislike for Boisvert is that you can't actually explain why you don't like him. Every time, it boils down to ad hominem attacks with no actual substance.

What I find so amusing with Sal is, he'll listen to some anonymous Sirius XM hockey station with an audience of 18 people and quote it nearly as gospel, then when there's someone he doesn't like - he can't tell you why, how or when he came to dislike said person - then suddenly the politics of hockey matter or just don't exist.

Is it? It may be but it's hard to tell as I can't find his full rankings of past years anywhere online.
He used to have Twitter & his lists were posted there, but he's since deleted his Twitter. Some of his lists are scattered through the screenshots available on the internet archive sites.

He re-visited his draft rankings from 20 years or so years back until now and prior to Twitter & him getting known, there's no way of knowing if those are actually his picks or just something he made up. But since 2010, the Jeff Skinner draft that got him the notoriety he has today, he's been putting up his lists annually. He also has an annual podcast with Drette Sul Tape where they go over his list compared to one other guy's list. If you have the time & patience to go through the podcasts, his lists are in there.

I remember his lists because they were distinctly different from the conventional lists. In hockey, the less conventional you are, the shittier you're perceived to be. And while he wasn't right all the time, he was right more often than not. I have a ton of time for people who go against conventional wisdom and end up being right. If he was wrong all the time, then his name would just be Grant McCagg and nobody would actually care about him.

And he doesn't run from his mistakes, either. His 2014 was probably the worst of all his lists. He talks about it on his podcast with Mathias Brunet, and his list is identical from what he publicly wrote:

[IMG]https://web.archive.org/web/20140530043655im_/https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000636948778/fa94ea1b66a7ad2e0d3a0e5a8ab501c3_normal.jpeg[/IMG] [B]Simon Boisvert[/B] @simonsnake70 · 24 mei

2014 top 10: 1-Dal Colle 2-Draisaitl 3-Nylander 4-Ekblad 5-Bennett 6-Reinhart 7-Schmaltz 8-Perlini 9-Ehlers 10-Virtanen. Sleeper: Nekolenko.

I'll give you another example.

There was no publication online - not a single one - that didn't have Nail Yakupov first overall in 2012. He was a unanimous, clear cut #1 everywhere.

Except for Boisvert. He had Forsberg first. He also had Vasilevsky second.

Or, if you want, take the 2020 draft. He had Stuztle first and Lafrenière second. No other scout and no other draft media had anybody besides Lafrenière #1.

Yeah I kinda know some of his greatest hits and misses, but I'd love to see his actual full list to see how far off or close he was overall, and not just on the top 3 picks.

Didn't he had Geekie #1 in 2022? I remember he had Wright #4.

Yeah I kinda know some of his greatest hits and misses, but I'd love to see his actual full list to see how far off or close he was overall, and not just on the top 3 picks.

Didn't he had Geekie #1 in 2022? I remember he had Wright #4.
He had Geekie #1 at one point, then moved him down. His top-6 was:

Slaf
Gauthier
Cooley
Nemec
Geekie
Wright

He used to have Twitter & his lists were posted there, but he's since deleted his Twitter. Some of his lists are scattered through the screenshots available on the internet archive sites.

He re-visited his draft rankings from 20 years or so years back until now and prior to Twitter & him getting known, there's no way of knowing if those are actually his picks or just something he made up. But since 2010, the Jeff Skinner draft that got him the notoriety he has today, he's been putting up his lists annually. He also has an annual podcast with Drette Sul Tape where they go over his list compared to one other guy's list. If you have the time & patience to go through the podcasts, his lists are in there.

I remember his lists because they were distinctly different from the conventional lists. In hockey, the less conventional you are, the shittier you're perceived to be. And while he wasn't right all the time, he was right more often than not. I have a ton of time for people who go against conventional wisdom and end up being right. If he was wrong all the time, then his name would just be Grant McCagg and nobody would actually care about him.

And he doesn't run from his mistakes, either. His 2014 was probably the worst of all his lists. He talks about it on his podcast with Mathias Brunet, and his list is identical from what he publicly wrote:

[IMG]https://web.archive.org/web/20140530043655im_/https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000636948778/fa94ea1b66a7ad2e0d3a0e5a8ab501c3_normal.jpeg[/IMG] [B]Simon Boisvert[/B] @simonsnake70 · 24 mei

2014 top 10: 1-Dal Colle 2-Draisaitl 3-Nylander 4-Ekblad 5-Bennett 6-Reinhart 7-Schmaltz 8-Perlini 9-Ehlers 10-Virtanen. Sleeper: Nekolenko.

I'll give you another example.

There was no publication online - not a single one - that didn't have Nail Yakupov first overall in 2012. He was a unanimous, clear cut #1 everywhere.

Except for Boisvert. He had Forsberg first. He also had Vasilevsky second.

Or, if you want, take the 2020 draft. He had Stuztle first and Lafrenière second. No other scout and no other draft media had anybody besides Lafrenière #1.

Wow , thats nailing it

Meh, Dal Colle went 5th and was not a reach by any means. Yeah he flopped, but that happens. Obviously that was a terrible call, but nobody is getting even close to everything right.

That's not as bad as the Yakupov call is good.

Here's the thing... I'll toot my horn with my favorite joke to say: I have a very unpopular & controversial opinion that I know I'm 100% right about.

If there was a guy who posted online who had a better track record than Boisvert, I'd link to him constantly instead of Boisvert.

I love people who are unconventional and have a high hit rate. Just take his pet cat from last year's draft, Quentin Musty. If the draft is re-done today, he's probably taken in the top-10 and even then, that seems low.

While it didn't happen more than once, FC Hockey had Kyle Connor ranked 5th or 6th in his draft. Nobody had him remotely that close. And while the 2015 draft is legendary, he'd still go much earlier than where he was selected. Not as high as 6, sure, but still. They made a good call on him.

Here's the thing... I'll toot my horn with my favorite joke to say: I have a very unpopular & controversial opinion that I know I'm 100% right about.

If there was a guy who posted online who had a better track record than Boisvert, I'd link to him constantly instead of Boisvert.

I love people who are unconventional and have a high hit rate. Just take his pet cat from last year's draft, Quentin Musty. If the draft is re-done today, he's probably taken in the top-10 and even then, that seems low.

While it didn't happen more than once, FC Hockey had Kyle Connor ranked 5th or 6th in his draft. Nobody had him remotely that close. And while the 2015 draft is legendary, he'd still go much earlier than where he was selected. Not as high as 6, sure, but still. They made a good call on him.
What I like about Boisvert, it’s that he’s consistent with his approach (although not always with his rankings). He has a good eye for offensive talent and he’s looking for home runs, not singles or doubles. Accordingly, when you swing for the fences all the time, you’re bound to strike out as well.

Back