• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

24-25 Habs Preseason

Barron's starting the year as the 6th or 7th d-man, but regardless, it's do or die for him. Only reason he's still here is the lack of RHD in the organization.

There are a lot of unknowns for St. Louis.

We know that his players like him, and that he's been a lot of help for the improvement of young players.

Beyond that, though?

IMG_3092.jpeg

“I could easily see Armia taking less $$$ to stay past this season. He loves it here.”

Barre-Boulet & Pezzetta will end the season in Laval, if I had to guess.

Dvorak is as good as gone, just a question of when. I'm not sure Evans gets traded just yet, unless he doesn't want to re-sign here.

I think Savard will be traded because teams love their big, shot blocking RHD for a contending team and I think they can get a second, maybe even a first if there's a lot of teams interested.

I could definitely see Armia get re-signed, but it always depends on how much and how long.

Barre-Boulet & Pezzetta will end the season in Laval, if I had to guess.

Dvorak is as good as gone, just a question of when. I'm not sure Evans gets traded just yet, unless he doesn't want to re-sign here.

I think Savard will be traded because teams love their big, shot blocking RHD for a contending team and I think they can get a second, maybe even a first if there's a lot of teams interested.

I could definitely see Armia get re-signed, but it always depends on how much and how long.
No reason to resign Armia

There are a lot of unknowns for St. Louis.

We know that his players like him, and that he's been a lot of help for the improvement of young players.

Beyond that, though?
Well that’s already better than a bunch of other coaches in the league.

I just wish he would have an NHL veteran assistant coach to support him but looks like he wants to do things his way.

I just wish he would have an NHL veteran assistant coach to support him but looks like he wants to do things his way.

he's now an experienced coach, tho

200 games, biatch!

Won’t work… I’m not at all concerned w Grillo brought on board & MSL taking total control of PP along w Hutson as QB.

I fully expect a top-5 PP + significant improvement in PK (aided by Becks face off prowess) + 5-on-5 defensive coverage w Grillo’s tactics

This is going to be a fascinating season to watch play out, as Habs battle it out for a wildcard spot IMO

No reason to resign Armia
Who's replacing him, though?

Owen Beck is going to take either Dvorak/Evans's spot. As it currently stands, the only other forward in Laval who might make a push for the NHL is Heinemen, and I think that's a longshot.

Kapanen is NHL or Europe this year, so unless he has a great camp, we won't see him in North America for another year.

Beyond that? There's nothing.

If Armia wants to stay for 1-2 years at $3.5M? I'd rather keep him than sign a UFA. My ideal situation would be to trade him over signing him, though.

Back