• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

The Wild are the most befuddling team in the NHL to me.

They arent a contender, they arent shit

They have more old guys on big $ contracts than i think anyone in Suter, Parise, Zuccarrello, Staal and Koivu ( still a thing)

Tons of money into the backend in Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin and Dumba.

Rest of the roster is youbg but no real standouts.

They have made some weird ass trades namely Nino for Rask, but also got i steal in Fiala for Granlund

This team might need Lafreniere more than any

Last edited:
I forgot Ryan Hartman was a Wild. This dude got a 1st and its what his 5th team? I also recall thinking he was valuable at some point and Preston ribbing me for it

I forgot Ryan Hartman was a Wild. This dude got a 1st and its what his 5th team? I also recall thinking he was valuable at some point and Preston ribbing me for it

It was definitely me that ripped you on Ryan Hartman.

I don't remember the specific Leaf player involved, but you were suggesting him as the centerpiece of a deal for some valuable player on the Leafs, and my response was that Hartman wasn't even better than the young guys at the fringes of our roster, and I wouldn't take him for free.

Kind of funny how it turned out. I was right that Hartman wasn't better than guys like Brown, Leivo, Kapanen & Johnsson, but at the same time the Hawks did find a sucker to give up a 1st round pick for him, so he did apparently have trade value, even if he didn't have actual value on the ice.

I think the Ryan Hartman attacks were a group effort. Good job guys! We do a great job silencing the stupid around these parts! Except zeke. He's an entertaining kind of stupid.

The Wild are the most befuddling team in the NHL to me.

They arent a contender, they arent shit

They have more old guys on big $ contracts than i think anyone in Suter, Parise, Zuccarrello, Staal and Koivu ( still a thing)

Tons of money into the backend in Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin and Dumba.

Rest of the roster is youbg but no real standouts.

They have made some weird ass trades namely Nino for Rask, but also got i steal in Fiala for Granlund

This team might need Lafreniere more than any
They really are the ultimate example of a team that's never not bad enough to get a great pick and never good enough to contend. This has gone on for years. It makes them feel really irrelevant. They need a star more than just about anyone.

Mitch Marner has faced some criticism for his performance against the Blue Jackets so far, but in terms of controlling play, he’s been pretty stellar — even if he looks a little off. The Leafs are controlling 100 per cent of the inner-slot shots, 68 per cent of the shots, 71 per cent of the shot attempts and 76 per cent of the slot passes with Marner on the ice. Something tells me he’ll be just fine.

The read about Price is interesting too.

What has surprised you most about the first chunk of games? For me, it's how well the goalies have played. Really expected much higher scoring games at this stage.

Back