• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Marc-Bergevin.png
So that’s what happened, his brain slid down to his biceps. It all makes sense.

The best part of the Bergevin era will be the five years that follow it!
I mean, if we fired him when we first realized he should have been fired, we'd basically just now be coming out of that 5 year window and ready to start winning again. Just feels like whenever I start to think that maybe I should care about hockey again, it doesn't take more than a few days to be all "nope, I guess not."

Makes no sense to spend $8 million on a backup goalie and bottom pair d-man. I would be furious if I was a Habs fan. Now you really need to count on Suzuki/Kotkaniemi taking steps forward. Even the slightest regression and you could be in lottery conversation

So the Boeser trade talk from the weat coast is basically the poor mans version of the Nylander talk?

Yep.

Though one key distinction is that Vancouver actually is in “cap hell” because of all the money their GM’s handed out to 4th liners and marginal performers.

Combine that with impending big raises for Hughes & Petterson, and they’re going to have to make some tough decisions.

Yep.

Though one key distinction is that Vancouver actually is in “cap hell” because of all the money their GM’s handed out to 4th liners and marginal performers.

Combine that with impending big raises for Hughes & Petterson, and they’re going to have to make some tough decisions.

They could pay to get out of ericksson (4m per year owed). 50% retention plus a 2021 1st for a 7th could move him.

But in general they either sell off the farm to get out of bad contracts or sell off good players.

Yep.

I feel like only the cap situation of the Leafs is known in the NHL.

Makes no sense to spend $8 million on a backup goalie and bottom pair d-man. I would be furious if I was a Habs fan. Now you really need to count on Suzuki/Kotkaniemi taking steps forward. Even the slightest regression and you could be in lottery conversation

one year of allen doesnt bother me

alzner 2.0 does though

and yes lets hope for the lottery

Kerfoot stinks on the wing

Trade him then .... 3 million for a third line winger .... To much.

I don't want Thorton or Simmonds either.

I have always chirped about getting Simmonds, but he is just a shadow of his former self.

Is Reilly a free agent in 21?

Maybe it would be smart business to see how other GMs are valuing Reilly at this point.

Maybe someone will knock their socks off and allow them to sign peiterangelo plus plus.

Btw .... I love Morgan, but I would hate to get into a position where the leafs can't afford his price and letting him walk for nothing ...

And I think you mentioned this problem about 2 weeks ago .... Letting players walk for nothing.

I agree totally.
Yeah, I was fine with it in the years with JVR and Bozak. Now I'm not a big fan. Freddy really has to be moved this offseason.

I have to agree.

If your going to blow your brains out, then trade Anderson and get another goalie in here that can SHARE the load between the pipes.

Trading Nylander plus plus (although I agree with St Louis wanting that for parayako) is another no go for me.

This idea of spending 8,9 and up on a peiterangelo, whose best years might be the past 2 and maybe 2 more, is IMHO nuts.

Give Sandin and Lilly the ice time and the pressure to see what you have.

Dubas needs to pull a Muzzin out of his hat, and save some money for in season trades to help the team if needed.

Jmho

Back