• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

LeafGm

Rutherford took swings at giving this group another shot. I doubt malkin would be available until the offseason with 1 year left on a deal.

If the season goes completely off the rails for them, I could see them considering a deadline deal.

Then again, as long as Rutherford is their GM, I suppose there’s a decent chance he’ll just continue trading all their draft picks & prospects in an attempt to win now.

leafman101

As long as Crosby and Malkin are good they should be all in. Whats the point in rebuilding? They'll probably never get another Crosby and Malkin.

zeke

nice to see Kadri with the 10.6xgf% in game 1. (and -4 for the old skool guys).

i wonder if his shooting luck wears off this year and people realize he's been a real drag at even strength for a couple years now.

and also, Barrie looks just as bad with the Oilers to start.

yes i'm petty.

Killer93

I
nice to see Kadri with the 10.6xgf% in game 1. (and -4 for the old skool guys).

i wonder if his shooting luck wears off this year and people realize he's been a real drag at even strength for a couple years now.

and also, Barrie looks just as bad with the Oilers to start.

yes i'm petty.
ll always love Naz and hope he has a great year.

Barrie was a fucking tire fire last night and enjoyed every second of it. Oilers are in big trouble if they are relying on him to QB PP1

zeke

nothing was more dissappointing to me about Barrie than his skating. He was supposed to be a great puck mover but his skating was arguably just straight up bad.

LeafGm

I

ll always love Naz and hope he has a great year.

Barrie was a fucking tire fire last night and enjoyed every second of it. Oilers are in big trouble if they are relying on him to QB PP1

Yep. I still love Naz and wish him nothing but success (aside from against us). And his play falling off a cliff wouldn’t make me feel any better about the trade.

Barrie though...I hope he’s a dumpster fire all season long for Oil change. One of our most disappointing acquisitions in recent memory.

zeke

but his play already fell off a cliff.

xgf% rel

16-17: +2.79
17-18: -4.58
18-19: -1.65 (slight bounceback from dropping down to easier 3rd line qoc)
19-20: -7.09 (back up to 2nd line qoc)

Wayward DP

I mean I've been a huge Naz backer since day one but it was evident even to me that he was declining. His skating has never been brilliant and it does look like he's lost a step.

Plus, our eyes are lying sons of bitches. xGF speaks for itself.

If Kerf can be an above average third line centre, I think we have won the trade. Or at least come out even enough. Although Barrie was admittedly putrid...

Killer93

I say clickbait and I could also see Habs making a move like that. No chance I part with Suzuki though, him and Romanov you keep

Jeremy

Astute move by Dubas not signing Barrie to an extension right away. He waited to see if it was a good fit first.