• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

Artnes

Can Biceps fire himself? Lets face it the real problem is being forced to play your 10.5 million back up because hurt feelings

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
there was an article on RDS (en Francis) that perfectly summed up the anti-Julien. BTW, I approve the firing.

Martin Lemay not mincing any words in his RDS article:

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/ca-ne-va-pas-bien-selon-martin-lemay-1.10837133

TL DR

Julien sucks. Since being hired by Habs, their PP is 26th best in the league; PK is 29th.
Before being fired by Bruins, team was headed for its 3rd straight year of not making the playoffs. Guys like Bergeron and Marchand were just 60 point players. They completely changed their style of play; no longer signing big guys like David Backes. Their PP was middle of the pack under Julien, with the same guys, Bruins PP is now #1.

LeafGm

It’s funny, just the other day I happened to look in the Habs board on Reddit just out of curiosity of what the mood was there. And I was actually pretty surprised that like, 75% of the posts seemed to be about wanting to fire Julien & his coaching staff.

I think there’s a mass delusion among Habs fandom about just how good that roster actually is. And apparently it’s shared by their GM as well.

Will be interesting to see how it goes, because I think Julien did about as well as you could expect getting the most out of a poorly-constructed roster almost entirely bereft of high-end talent.

JackBurton

It’s funny, just the other day I happened to look in the Habs board on Reddit just out of curiosity of what the mood was there. And I was actually pretty surprised that like, 75% of the posts seemed to be about wanting to fire Julien & his coaching staff.

I think there’s a mass delusion among Habs fandom about just how good that roster actually is. And apparently it’s shared by their GM as well.

Will be interesting to see how it goes, because I think Julien did about as well as you could expect getting the most out of a poorly-constructed roster almost entirely bereft of high-end talent.
100% correct and yet it was the Leafs that were supposed to be that way. You can't win without high end talent.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Please. His Bruins had a good roster and were about to miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year before they canned his ass.

His nerd stats are nice; but nerd stats overrate dropping the puck to your dman so he can take a shot. Because you might get a lucky deflection or bounce.

I am not saying the Habs have a great roster; but Julien hasn't gotten the best out of any roster for over a decade.

zeke

there was an article on RDS (en Francis) that perfectly summed up the anti-Julien. BTW, I approve the firing.

Martin Lemay not mincing any words in his RDS article:

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/ca-ne-va-pas-bien-selon-martin-lemay-1.10837133

TL DR

Julien sucks. Since being hired by Habs, their PP is 26th best in the league; PK is 29th.
Before being fired by Bruins, team was headed for its 3rd straight year of not making the playoffs. Guys like Bergeron and Marchand were just 60 point players. They completely changed their style of play; no longer signing big guys like David Backes. Their PP was middle of the pack under Julien, with the same guys, Bruins PP is now #1.

Most teams hire special teams specific coaches.

zeke

It'll be interesting to see the results.

I am pretty sure it's a flat out weak roster that's just been very well coached. I don't see any particularly strong points on the roster and plenty of weak ones. I struggle to see how a coach could get more out of this roster than Julien has.

Of course, occasionally zeke can be wrong.

Artnes

Im with Zeke. When you have the puck as much as they do and are top in xgf, you have to start to question the players trying execute the system