• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Kreider 29 - Eichel 24 - Panarin 29
Buchnevich 25 - Zibanejad 27 - Strome 27
Chytil 21 - Howden 22

Lindgren 22 - Fox 22
Miller 21 - Trouba 26

Shesterkin 25
Georgiev 24

Tempting imo.

I kind of think that they have to if it's on the table. Neither of their current kids are blowing the doors off.

If we had to tier #1&2 picks since 2000:

Franchise changers: Crosby, McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Malkin
Franchise players: Eichel, Kane, Stamkos, Doughty, Tavares, Hedman, Mackinnon
1st Liners/Studs: Heatley, Kovalchuk, Spezza, Staal, Hall, Seguin, Barkov, Ekblad, Svechnikov
Good players but busty for the draft slot: Nash, Lehtonen, MAF, Ryan, E Johnson, J Staal, JVR, RNH, Landeskog, Reinhart, Laine, Hischier, Dahlin
Busts: DiPietro, Yakupov, Murray, Patrick

Eichel is a lot closer to the top of that group than the bottom of it, however you want to slice it up. Neither of the two kids mentioned have started their careers similar to the names at the top of those grouping, they've started like the names at the bottom. If you could have traded RNH & Ryan Murray for Tavares in 2014, or Laine & Hischier for Mackinnon in 2018 those sure would have turned out to be a genius AF move.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
and from Buffalo's standpoint, that has to be the type of trade they're looking for. Multiple high draft pieces coming back. The only variable I see there from Buffalo's side is salary. If Buffalo just gets to clear the deck of that money, take the kids and run. If the other team needs Buffalo to take any sort of significant salary back, it should require a sweetener.