• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

JackBurton

The only sport that they selectively enforce rules to actively make the game harder for skilled players. The NBA murdered hand checking, murdered true zone defences (3 in the key, illegal defence), murdered carrying, murdered travelling, and have generally made defence harder and harder to play well for a couple of decades now, all because they know that fans are paying to see Jordan, Kobe, Vince, Lebron, etc play...not to see Bruce Bowen grab, hold, hit and lock him down.
Yup. Since around the time Bettman took over that's been the story. Never getting the see the most talented players do their thing. It does nothing but hurt the sport.

worm

Serious question though....would they have if Tiger was white?
they are talking about it again for bryson
so maybe

but keep in mind tiger proofing actually ended up helping tiger

tldr: making the course harder for tiger made it waaaaaaaay harder for everyone else

worm

Yup. Since around the time Bettman took over that's been the story. Never getting the see the most talented players do their thing. It does nothing but hurt the sport.
bettman created parity over super stars
i am not sure which is the better path for the health of the league

JackBurton

bettman created parity over super stars
i am not sure which is the better path for the health of the league
What I worry about is before Betteman took over NHL was so much closer to the other 3 big leagues in terms of popularity than it is now. Yes, revenues are way up, so so is every other leagues'.