• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
It sort of sets the market, and i wouldn't be stunned if Hall went for same or less.

It does kind of set the market, but I don't know if that's a good thing for the sellers. Zajac is still a middle 6 centre (closer to the bottom of the middle 6, but still) and Palmieri one of the top handful of wingers available.

It took moving both for Jersey to get a ~25th overall pick.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Kyle obviously didn't offer a 1st. Probably offered a prospect instead and the devils obviously weren't interested. Cheap price though compared to past deadlines. I don't see Kyle as a guy who would give up a 1st for a rental but I guess it depends who it is.

MyNameIsJonas

And if they decided they wanted homless Hyman, then Laughton might make sense.

Im just not even sure who is a seller at the moment. This feels like a deadline where none of these guys move except Hall for peanuts at 255, and some other team shrugged and got Bobby Ryan for a 3rd

LeafGm

It does kind of set the market, but I don't know if that's a good thing for the sellers. Zajac is still a middle 6 centre (closer to the bottom of the middle 6, but still) and Palmieri one of the top handful of wingers available.

It took moving both for Jersey to get a ~25th overall pick.

What this trade probably says is that the Leafs 2021 1st rounder on its own (with some other filler) would pretty much be enough to buy Ullmark & Hall at 50% retained.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
And if they decided they wanted homless Hyman, then Laughton might make sense.

Im just not even sure who is a seller at the moment. This feels like a deadline where none of these guys move except Hall for peanuts at 255, and some other team shrugged and got Bobby Ryan for a 3rd
Iafallo

Hoss

I was just thinking about how long Zajac has been in the league.

He'd be a solid third line guy though
If we had made that deal I wouldn't be mad.

Hoss

Dreger mentioned Pearson as a good fit.

Does he have the covid or is he one of the few that didn't get it in van city

Hoss

There's talk of an extension for Pearson, and the canucks aren't going anywhere, so maybe you can offer fluck all with the agreement that he resigns with Vancouver in the off season.

No quarantine.

LeafGm

Speaking of awful years holy shit Andreas johnsson stinks. Another year like that and leafs would have had a hard time dumping that contract. He packed it in after getting paid.

Johnsson has looked awful, and Kasperi Kapanen has continued looking like Kasperi Kapanen.

Can't say I regret moving on from either of those guys. And I still can't believe the hilarious return we got for Kapanen.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Pearson might be worse than Vesey. Might as well have just kept him.

Oof

There's no reason to overthink this. Taylor wants to come to Toronto, has a NMC that he'll use to leverage his ability to come here if possible and Buffalo has a solid pending UFA goalie to throw into the deal.

That Hall is a guy who has spent 95% of his career driving 1st lines makes this a slam dunk.