• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2020 Edition

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Additions by subtraction on both for them from purely a nerdies viewpoint. They were blackmarks on the nerd game.

Hoss

I want a bit of a bigger deal with Foligno and Savard...even see if you can get korpisalo in a block buster

LeafGm

Oof

There's no reason to overthink this. Taylor wants to come to Toronto, has a NMC that he'll use to leverage his ability to come here if possible and Buffalo has a solid pending UFA goalie to throw into the deal.

That Hall is a guy who has spent 95% of his career driving 1st lines makes this a slam dunk.

I saw today that Hall also has something like a 2.3% shooting percentage this year, and a career 10%+ mark.

Just seems like a great roll of the dice betting on him maybe being Phil Kessel 2.0 when he goes from perpetual centerpiece on godawful teams to a supporting player on a great team with great players to play with.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I saw today that Hall also has something like a 2.3% shooting percentage this year, and a career 10%+ mark.

Just seems like a great roll of the dice betting on him maybe being Phil Kessel 2.0 when he goes from perpetual centerpiece on godawful teams to a supporting player on a great team with great players to play with.

That's just it. Taylor Hall's biggest problem is that Taylor Hall has been the best player on every team that Taylor Hall has played for. Taylor Hall.

Kessel is a really good comparison there. If prime Kessel is your best player, you're a bubble team in a good year. If Kessel is your 3rd or 4th best player, you might win back to back cups.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Would have to look at the nerdies, but Hoffman wouldn't be the worst addition in the universe at first sniff.

MyNameIsJonas

I feel like Hoffman has been universally hated everywhere he's been by teammates, but for a 2 month run of an elite PP shot, one should absolutely look at it.

Hoss

okay here's a three team deal...
Leafs trade with Buffalo for Ullmark and Ristolainen....

Then Trade Risto plus plus for Foligno and Savard (UFA d man)

A coup of a deal Foligno LW Savard back up D, Ullmark back up G

BeLeafer

resurrected

JackBurton

That's just it. Taylor Hall's biggest problem is that Taylor Hall has been the best player on every team that Taylor Hall has played for. Taylor Hall.

Kessel is a really good comparison there. If prime Kessel is your best player, you're a bubble team in a good year. If Kessel is your 3rd or 4th best player, you might win back to back cups.
Love this comparison. Hall never making the playoffs is pretty irrelevant to me. Him on LW is sick.

Hoss

He sure as hell ain't the smartest dude....I've always suspected a touch of the FAS....I'm just saying