• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Florida is going to score goals and Queeneville already has them playing a better team system. But that D is weirdly constructed ... slow guys who defend well and fast guys who don't, with nothing in between ... and Bob's going to have to transition from playing behind a completely different system. I feel like there were a lot of caveats mixed in with the hype, and deservedly so. Still ... their offensive can wallpaper over some sins and the middle layer of the Eastern pecking order looks murky.

I'm not even sure about their offense - they snuck into the top-10 in scoring last year, but that was with pretty much everything going right for them offensively. Massive PP production and lots of career years.

watch out. the oilers have a competent GM now.

it took a whole lot of awful to make McDavid-Drai into a bottom feeder.

the Flames, meanwhile, continue to be run by dummies, even though their amateur scouting staff has given them some really nice core pieces.

The Flames are still run by a management team that was put together by Brian Burke, right?

Florida is going to score goals and Queeneville already has them playing a better team system. But that D is weirdly constructed ... slow guys who defend well and fast guys who don't, with nothing in between ... and Bob's going to have to transition from playing behind a completely different system. I feel like there were a lot of caveats mixed in with the hype, and deservedly so. Still ... their offensive can wallpaper over some sins and the middle layer of the Eastern pecking order looks murky.

Agreed on their weirdly constructed defense. The other big problem is Ekblad is paid to be a stud #1 defenseman, but his development has stalled big time.

As for their offense, I’m with zeke. I’m not convinced it’s all that good.

An interesting condition in the Neal/Lucic trade:

Two conditions have to be met for Oilers to send 3rd round pick to Calgary - James Neal has to record at least 21 goals and Lucic scores at least 10 fewer goals than Neal.

Holland fcked up the Wings for years , worst cap management in the league . He resigned all his slugs to dumb money
Yeah. I don't get all the slack Holland is being cut on that front. He's been a terrible cap manager, and there's no real sign that this has changed with the change of scenery.

Yeah. I don't get all the slack Holland is being cut on that front. He's been a terrible cap manager, and there's no real sign that this has changed with the change of scenery.

compared to the oilers under chiapet, holland is sam pollock

i dont think holland is good but even a shit GM can win when you have mcdavid

just cant be Lucic signing super shit level like Chiapet

Not just McDavid but drasitil too.
These are 2 great players.
I will make a bet with anyone for any amount that if babcock gets fired here this season, guaranteed that he ends up in Edmonton with the Oilers.

Back