• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Won’t someone give us a 7th for Barrie? I might even take an 8th. Just anything to be able to say we got something out of him being here.
Would you take Barrie and a 7th for future considerations with future considerations being nothing at all?

Bobo 5 min out of semi retirement has done more actual reporting than the rest of the media combined since he last worked.

Eichel - preping to go back to buffalo and has not requested a trade
New GM in buffalo - not shopping eichel but teams have called and the ranger appear interested in trying to bring him in.

Bobo did say he's heard Eichel did ask for a trade out of Buffalo. I know there's been denials, but hum....They'll get even more calls now.

Last edited:
So this means that talent over everything now right? I kept hearing how grit was the only way to win all year (despite St Louis not really being particularly gritty)....but now that Tampa has won, all we're going to hear about is being more talented than everyone else and playing fast, beautiful hockey is winning hockey, right?

Having learned from their first round disaster vs a grittier team last season, Tampa traded for 2 big chunks of grit. That was the difference!!!!

so, zero need for lamestream media to change the narrative (this yr). Up to you guys to do that next yr.

Having learned from their first round disaster vs a grittier team last season, Tampa traded for 2 big chunks of grit. That was the difference!!!!

so, zero need for lamestream media to change the narrative (this yr). Up to you guys to do that next yr.

so they key is trading 1st round picks for grit at the deadline

Reactions: CH1

Or we can just sign Luke Schenn and Bogosian to keep the narrative intact. I wonder if that will work...

so they key is trading 1st round picks for grit at the deadline

Well, clearly Barclay Goodrow created enough space for Point and Kucherov put up a combined 65+ points. How do you not play 10 feet tall when you have Barclay Goodrow out there with you? Of course, by "out there" I mean that entirely metaphorically.

Or we can just sign Luke Schenn and Bogosian to keep the narrative intact. I wonder if that will work...

Do not sign or trade picks for ANY grit, otherwise you will hear how the nerd finally learned his lesson.

Well, clearly Barclay Goodrow created enough space for Point and Kucherov put up a combined 65+ points. How do you not play 10 feet tall when you have Barclay Goodrow out there with you? Of course, by "out there" I mean that entirely metaphorically.

McLennan thinks schitty calves was key.

Do not sign or trade picks for ANY grit, otherwise you will hear how the nerd finally learned his lesson.

What if he does that, but then doesn't re sign them next off season? That counts as not learning his lesson, right?

Back