• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Nah, the Leafs haven't been close to as good as the Leaf fans here have thought they are. Maybe that changes this year though.

Maybe they even win a playoff round

Last year was garbage, admittedly, and obviously. But it was a year of turmoil and then covid. Before that we were a 100 and 105 point team. And even last year not too far off that pace. So I'd tend to believe the real Leafs team is the one from the seasons before this one. And we've improved on that team, imo. So if we just go back to 105 points and go into the playoffs strong, that seems more than attainable. I don't see how the Habs have a realistic shot of doing the same.

yep

habs fans hate the habs
It's a defense mechanism. Excuse builder for the gm. I laugh because us leafs fans did it from 2005 to 2015ish so it's very familiar for me. The current habs and the fanbase reacting to nonstop horrible moves reminds me so much of those leafs and us here at ol' forumice.

Bergevin never tendered an offer after finding out what Hall was looking for so yes it's on him but we have no clue what he asked for from Montreal.

I think there a decent chance that the Habs are better than the Leafs this year.

Where.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander ----- Gallagher-Danault-Tatar
Mikheyev-Tavares-Marner ------- Toffoli-Suzuki-Drouin
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds ---- Armia-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Engvall-Boyd-Spezza -------------- Lehkonen-Weal-Byron
(Robertson) -------------------------------- (Caulfield)

Rielly-Brodie -------- Chiarot-Weber
Muzzin-Holl -------- Edmundson-Petry
Dermott-Bogosian - Kulak-Mete
(Sandin/Lehtonen) - (Romanov)

Anderson ----- Price
Campbell ------ Allen
Dell

Last edited:
They may have a better third line and backup goalie. But worse in every other area. Maybe that makes them better.

Apples and Oranges. Habs will be thrilled to make the playoffs. Leafs will be disappointed if they don’t win the Cup.

Apples and Oranges. Habs will be thrilled to make the playoffs. Leafs will be disappointed if they don’t win the Cup.

More or less correct yeah.

It's time for the Leafs to enter legit contender status. All of the pieces are there (other than in net...but whatev). Maybe not win a cup, but play in the playoffs like a group that is a legitimate threat for one. Win a couple of rounds minimum after a 105-110+ point regular season.

The Habs should just be pleased with getting in the playoffs.

Where.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander ----- Gallagher-Danault-Tatar
Mikheyev-Tavares-Marner ------- Toffoli-Suzuki-Drouin
Vesey-Kerfoot-Simmonds ---- Armia-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Engvall-Boyd-Spezza -------------- Lehkonen-Weal-Byron
(Robertson) -------------------------------- (Caulfield)

Rielly-Brodie -------- Chiarot-Weber
Muzzin-Holl -------- Edmundson-Petry
Dermott-Bogosian - Kulak-Mete
(Sandin/Lehtonen) - (Romanov)

Anderson ----- Price
Campbell ------ Allen
Dell
You really suck at Habs lineups you know that? Weal? Caufield? LOL?

Kulak and Mete won't be the bottom pair either.

More or less correct yeah.

It's time for the Leafs to enter legit contender status. All of the pieces are there (other than in net...but whatev). Maybe not win a cup, but play in the playoffs like a group that is a legitimate threat for one. Win a couple of rounds minimum after a 105-110+ point regular season.

The Habs should just be pleased with getting in the playoffs.
And they will be. That's their only goal regardless of what Bergy pushes. The mandate is to get back in the playoffs.

Hall didn't sign there = Hall didn't want to sign there
I think if the exact $8M offer was made by Bergy, Hall goes to Buffalo anyway. I get that covid is a big thing but proximity to Toronto is favorable to him. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Habs want him to play in Europe if he doesn't play for Wisconsin this year.

He's not ready for the NHL yet.

Back