• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

That was the point I was making. 2 cups ~45 years ago, is hardly a legacy of excellence.

Yeah, that was one of the surprises to me as well. I don't think I would have pegged them as an "upper tier" team in history, although I guess they did have a few very good eras, but have also avoided the true lows that some teams like DET have hit. Even a team like St Louis obviously hasn't had much playoff success but seems to routinely have solid teams I guess must have had some droughts to bring them down

The Habs are not necessarily "heavier" than the Leafs but they certainly play a more physical brand of hockey. Also are a lot more organized and defensively aware as a roster. But at the end of the day they lack the game breakers so their ceiling is capped.

The Habs are not necessarily "heavier" than the Leafs but they certainly play a more physical brand of hockey. Also are a lot more organized and defensively aware as a roster. But at the end of the day they lack the game breakers so their ceiling is capped.

Last year GA/60 and xGA/60, All Strengths

MTL: #21 3.07, #14 2.79
TOR: #23 3.12, #19 2.88 (w/Keefe #15 2.99, #10 2.77)

I’m going with Stutzle. I think the team he is on will give him the most opportunity and ice time.

Back