• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

What concerns me is their scoring suddenly. We are way too quiet so far for my taste.
It's a continuation of what went on against the BJs. That's not a big concern to me. They'll regress and start scoring more. Part of the issue there is them getting into the danger zone and driving the net. That's a concern on my end. More of them need to accept getting their noses dirty.

They're fine but they sure don't look like serious contenders yet. Haven't really looked like one outside of maybe keefes first 10-15 games. Hard to say what the issue is. I suspect a failed season might result in one of marner or Willy shopped to go with a more depth oriented approach. Not sure I'd do that yet but I guess it deoends on what we see on a larger body of work.

But it's early days. That can be discussed later if needed. If they don't mop the four with this division something is wrong.

If we go out with a whimper, Freddy is gone, so there will be a new guy in net. That'll probably be the biggest change. I don't see them breaking up the big 4, which really just means trading Willy, so I'm not worried about that. It'll be new goalie and another revamp of the bottom six, this time with Kerfoot probably out and letting the vets walk, and finding some mean and nasty types to be the 3C and to occupy the 4th line. Honestly, we're just too nice and easy on the fourth line. We can't have garbage like Spezza and Simmonds playing like wannabe first liners trying to relive glory days. We need legit fast, hard checking, fuck you in the face guys to run down the other teams a bit.

The parade will be "zoomed" obviously. You can also put up the 4-0-2 banner now tbh. No sense in wasting time.
But the Habs haven't done anything to improve.

Yeah they've had hot starts before, I'm just enjoying seeing people eat their words.

If we go out with a whimper, Freddy is gone, so there will be a new guy in net. That'll probably be the biggest change. I don't see them breaking up the big 4, which really just means trading Willy, so I'm not worried about that. It'll be new goalie and another revamp of the bottom six, this time with Kerfoot probably out and letting the vets walk, and finding some mean and nasty types to be the 3C and to occupy the 4th line. Honestly, we're just too nice and easy on the fourth line. We can't have garbage like Spezza and Simmonds playing like wannabe first liners trying to relive glory days. We need legit fast, hard checking, **** you in the face guys to run down the other teams a bit.

too soon to make off-season plans; the preseason isn’t over yet.... buy and hold for another month

If we go out with a whimper, Freddy is gone, so there will be a new guy in net. That'll probably be the biggest change. I don't see them breaking up the big 4, which really just means trading Willy, so I'm not worried about that. It'll be new goalie and another revamp of the bottom six, this time with Kerfoot probably out and letting the vets walk, and finding some mean and nasty types to be the 3C and to occupy the 4th line. Honestly, we're just too nice and easy on the fourth line. We can't have garbage like Spezza and Simmonds playing like wannabe first liners trying to relive glory days. We need legit fast, hard checking, **** you in the face guys to run down the other teams a bit.
I'm watching Rielly-Brodie real close this year personally. If they continue to get caved in I think they look at shipping Mo.

Disclaimer: This is all early days and I do not expect that pairing to continue to be dreadful. But folks we're discussing "ifs" tonight.

I'm watching Rielly-Brodie real close this year personally. If they continue to get caved in I think they look at shipping Mo.

Disclaimer: This is all early days and I do not expect that pairing to continue to be dreadful. But folks we're discussing "ifs" tonight.
What's weird about that pairing is that you guys keep saying their fancy stats are atrocious, but honestly they don't look bad to me on the ice. Rielly is horse-like strong, and Brodie is a calming sort of low event kinda player. I think they're going to be good actually, and that the fancy stats will catch up.

ill take it; Habs needed a nice start after all the positive vibes surrounding them

julien is a solid coach; team is always ready to execute the game plan
I wouldn't get too comfortable. Not trash talk. I just don't think you guys look very good honestly. I think your opposition has just looked worse. Vancouver should be embarrassed tonight.

And didn't add anyone good.

bergy couldn’t have scripted it better; toffoli scoring buckets, Anderson has 3 goals, Allen winning games, Edmundson + 8. Even old man Perry scored on his 5th shift

I wouldn't get too comfortable. Not trash talk. I just don't think you guys look very good honestly. I think your opposition has just looked worse. Vancouver should be embarrassed tonight.
Truly shocking to see that you don't think the Habs look good.

We'll call that unexpected.

who watches this shit for comfort?

Back