• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

McCann-Gourde-Eberle
Appleton-Jarnkrok-Donskoi
Tanev-Blackwell-Bastian
Pitlick-Geekie-Lind
True/Quenneville

That is a bad group of forwards. The blueline though...woof

The only thing I can think, is that Francis didn't want to give anyone any cheap cap relief so he figured he'd just finish the draft with a shitload of cap space then make teams pay a premium to trade their big salaries to him.

The only thing I can think, is that Francis didn't want to give anyone any cheap cap relief so he figured he'd just finish the draft with a shitload of cap space then make teams pay a premium to trade their big salaries to him.
Or he’s just not that good at his job.

I'm guessing Francis got some good feedback from the FA market and is planning on going that route?

He was pretty firm about not wanting to fuck Seattle's cap situation...so other than maybe Dougie, who else is an impact body and would be worth the contract? Spend 30 million the free agent market and you're just going to end up giving too much AAV and term for 4-5 3rd liners and #4 defenders anyway.

That's what I'm figuring he'll do with his cap space. Circle around and go get a bunch of other names he liked for pennies on the dollar.

That's what I'm figuring he'll do with his cap space. Circle around and go get a bunch of other names he liked for pennies on the dollar.
Yeah, I refuse to believe that he's just this dumb. Passing on guy like Kahkonen and Bean for the mutts he took though? Maybe he's dumber than I thought.

But yeah, there's a bunch of moves to come for sure.

My hunch was that Francis was going to leverage his cap space to redeem the bad contract mistakes from other GMs....but I guess the other GMs didn't offer what he was hoping for.

but it ain't over

My hunch was that Francis was going to leverage his cap space to redeem the bad contract mistakes from other GMs....but I guess the other GMs didn't offer what he was hoping for.

but it ain't over
Still a ton of time to play that game.

I mean this way he still got the guy he wanted from every team... and now he can still negotiate to take on the ugly contracts.

Reactions: CH1
Back