• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2021 Edition

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Let's not trade Marner for anyone. I'm not a fan of getting raped in deals you know from the start that you're 99% likely to lose.

you don’t win 100% of the trades you don’t make — Wayne Gretzky
—— Michael Scott

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I'm not a NFL fan so they might be worse....but I can't think of another major league that has as many conflicts with players over their health.

mbow30

Pining for surgery that could end you career is an interesting way to announce your desire to be traded.

Good luck finding a team willing to give value + 10mn off their cap…

mbow30

I wonder if authorizing the surgery would void their insurance.

The only high performance athlete I can find evidence of who has had disc replacement surgery is plushenko, the Russian figure skater… and it didn’t end well for him. One of the screws popped out doing an axel. Wonder how they’d hold up to a Weber cross check to the lower back??

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
I wonder if authorizing the surgery would void their insurance.

The only high performance athlete I can find evidence of who has had disc replacement surgery is plushenko, the Russian figure skater… and it didn’t end well for him. One of the screws popped out doing an axel. Wonder how they’d hold up to a Weber cross check to the lower back??
Why would Weber cross check his team mate?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig

Sure, but that's on a weird to diagnose knee/quad injury that the Spurs medical staff got wrong and management trusted it's medical staff over Kawhi which soured the relationship.

The NHL has a long and proud history of leaning on or forcing injured players to play or otherwise disregard their long term health for the short term goals of the team. The NHL has a massive painkiller issue and has for decades. Playing hurt is considered a badge of honour.