• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2021 Edition

Wayward DP

Elvis signed to a 5 x 5.4 extension.

yiiiiiiiiikes

axlsalinger

A lot of analysts thought he'd be a star based on talent, and he came in and scored 51 points in 55 games in his rookie season (27 goals). Kinda looks like a star to me.

I get that it's a very small sample size, but rumours suggested he wanted a short deal, team wanted 5 years to ensure he'd be there for a while and they wouldn't have to worry about negotiating again for 5 years. It's risky but fair IMO.

JackBurton

A lot of analysts thought he'd be a star based on talent, and he came in and scored 51 points in 55 games in his rookie season (27 goals). Kinda looks like a star to me.
I get that it's a very small sample size, but rumours suggested he wanted a short deal, team wanted 5 years to ensure he'd be there for a while and they wouldn't have to worry about negotiating again for 5 years. It's risky but fair IMO.
I don't think it's that bad at all. I just am annoyed at the reaction.

LeafGm

Can't believe the Canucks left themselves $10 mill to sign Pettersson and Hughes. Someone should for sure offersheet one of them for $8 mill. Its only a 1st/2nd/3rd. So they would have to match and trade the other one.

It really is unbelievable. And Benning just kept on signing overpriced crappy depth while those two sat off to the side unsigned.

Hard to figure what he thought was going to happen. That they were just going to sigh and agree to take their portion of whatever was left over?

Or that they’d be so stoked about all of his crappy signings and to be playing for a mediocre bubble team that they’d be fine with taking less?