• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

So the question here would be 'medical reason'? 'Sincerely held religious belief?'

Either of those and you don't forfeit money.

Otherwise every day Bertuzzi is unavailable to travel with, practice with, or play in a game with the Red Wings because he is unvaccinated and cannot cross the border without quarantining would result in pay forfeiture (1/200 of his salary per day unavailable). These periods are called 'suspensions' in the NHL/NHPLA protocol documentation for this coming season.

So the question here would be 'medical reason'? 'Sincerely held religious belief?'

Either of those and you don't forfeit money.

Otherwise every day Bertuzzi is unavailable to travel with, practice with, or play in a game with the Red Wings because he is unvaccinated and cannot cross the border without quarantining would result in pay forfeiture (1/200 of his salary per day unavailable). These periods are called 'suspensions' in the NHL/NHPLA protocol documentation for this coming season.
Redwings save his cap hit or it counts?

Redwings save his cap hit or it counts?
Nothing in the protocols state that its not covered like a normal suspension which would mean:

CBA 50.10.c:

For Players that are suspended, either by a Club or by the League, the Player
Salary and Bonuses that are not paid to such Players shall not count against a Club's Upper Limit
or against the Players' Share for the duration of the suspension, but the Club must have Payroll
Room for such Player's Player Salary and Bonuses in order for such Player to be able to return to
Play for the Club.

So when a player is suspended, his cap hit for the duration of the suspension does not count against the cumulative cap hit being accrued by the team for the season. You could consider that 'saving his cap hit' I would say.

Nothing in the protocols state that its not covered like a normal suspension which would mean:

CBA 50.10.c:

So when a player is suspended, his cap hit for the duration of the suspension does not count against the cumulative cap hit being accrued by the team for the season. You could consider that 'saving his cap hit' I would say.

I've saw confirmation of this as well earlier on Twitter from someone with a blue check mark so checks out.

Unrelated and I'm not making comments on anyone's credibility but Kane's wife (or ex wife) is a hardcore trumper.

Kane should have been smarter about his habits and just sexually abused people instead.
tenor.gif

Unrelated and I'm not making comments on anyone's credibility but Kane's wife (or ex wife) is a hardcore trumper.

I went with the rape joke instead of the ex wife slander....but I seriously considered ex wife slander. Kane doesn't deserve any benefit of any doubt ever, anywhere....but she's a fucking loon.

This is one of those situations where you want everyone to lose because they're all bad people.

I dislike doing this...but her credibility is a bit wonky here, no?

Investigate it by all means and nail his ass to the wall if there is proof, but I dont think its unfair to not believe her on reflex here.

Yeah, seems fair given her first allegations seem to have been disproven, if you believe the NHL anyway.

Kinda hilarious that you made that joke and this came out like 5 min later though.

Yeah, seems fair given her first allegations seem to have been disproven, if you believe the NHL anyway.

Kinda hilarious that you made that joke and this came out like 5 min later though.

I was going to add an "and be white" addendum to it but thought that would be a bit much...

Leadership like this cant be taught
View attachment 10097

Here's part of the problem in a related Edmonton Journal article...

4. The decision to get vaccinated is not as easy for some as it is for others, Holland said repeatedly. And he’s correct. If you’re older and not so healthy, you may well wonder how anyone could be so selfish as to not get vaccinated. You may even get irate about it. But for young and healthy people, such as NHL athletes, the virus presents far less of a threat than it does to the more elderly and less healthy.

While technically correct that older, less healthy people are at greater risk than young and healthy people, I feel like the media has done a tragically bad job relaying how dangerous covid is to people of peak athletic age and fitness.

FFS, just read a few paragraphs before the one I quoted

Alex Stalock is out right now. He had COVID last year in January and missed last season, but was with Oilers on taxi squad. Through additional tests, he found out he might have some kind of heart condition that will prevent him from playing. “I don’t anticipate that he’ll play hockey this year.”

Dude had covid 9 months ago, and they don't expect him to play at all this season.

There's a pile of other athletes also still struggling with conditioning after getting covid, on top of the ~3% or so of athletes that are developing myocarditis due to covid after infection.

When you add up all of the post covid issues that can interrupt an athletic career, we're likely in the 5-10% rate of infected athletes who suffer side effects after the symptomatic illness is gone. For people whose careers are incredibly short, and need to earn more or less a lifetime worth of money in that short period of time, that's huge risk.

Back