• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

What a clusterfuck.
And Leafs don't even work that hard, so they don't stand a chance against these hard-working teams with less talent.

What a clusterfuck.
And Leafs don't even work that hard, so they don't stand a chance against these hard-working teams with less talent.
Maybe they've finally figured that out. A lot can be missed when you blame the wrong area of your game.

I personally have zero faith in the Leafs for next season. Really hoping I am wrong here and the boys come out with fire. As of now, I strongly believe they need to shake up this core. Full disclosure I am still annoyed about what happened

I'm filing this under "I'm not saying, I'm just saying"

Washington's Ovechkin era

yr 1 - miss
yr 2 - miss
yr 3 - Rd 1
yr 4 - Rd 2
yr 5 - Rd 1
yr 6 - Rd 2
yr 7 - Rd 2
yr 8 - Rd 1
yr 9 - Miss
yr 10 - Rd 2
yr 11 - Rd 2
yr 12 - Rd 2
yr 13 - Chicken Dinner
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 15 - Rd 1

Got out of the 2nd round once in 15 yrs and no one looks at that era and calls it a flop, literally no one.

So don't listen to the mediots, don't listen to the angry fans. If there's something to remember from Washington it's to be patient with your players and fire your coach if it's not going well.

yr 1 - miss
yr 2 - miss
yr 3 - Rd 1
yr 4 - Rd 2
yr 5 - Rd 1
yr 6 - Rd 2
yr 7 - Rd 2
yr 8 - Rd 1
yr 9 - Miss
yr 10 - Rd 2
yr 11 - Rd 2
yr 12 - Rd 2
yr 13 - Chicken Dinner
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 15 - Rd 1

Got out of the 2nd round once in 15 yrs and no one looks at that era and calls it a flop, literally no one.

So don't listen to the mediots, don't listen to the angry fans. If there's something to remember from Washington it's to be patient with your players and fire your coach if it's not going well.
Agree but the only difference is Ovechkin was a monster in the playoffs from day 1. Their best players weren't the issue like it is with the leafs.

So actually in a way the leafs issues are easier to fix. Just be super elite like in the season cock and Mitchell.

yr 1 - miss
yr 2 - miss
yr 3 - Rd 1
yr 4 - Rd 2
yr 5 - Rd 1
yr 6 - Rd 2
yr 7 - Rd 2
yr 8 - Rd 1
yr 9 - Miss
yr 10 - Rd 2
yr 11 - Rd 2
yr 12 - Rd 2
yr 13 - Chicken Dinner
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 14 - Rd 1
yr 15 - Rd 1

Or that one Cup was more or less a fluke and everything came together once... once.

Agree but the only difference is Ovechkin was a monster in the playoffs from day 1. Their best players weren't the issue like it is with the leafs.

So actually in a way the leafs issues are easier to fix. Just be super elite like in the season cock and Mitchell.

True, but this was never the narrative until Washington won. His production was explained away as cherry picking, doesn't play a 200 foot game, can't win like that, etc.

One win has completely rewritten the narrative in Washington. They were the playoff chokejobs who would win the Pres and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

Or that one Cup was more or less a fluke and everything came together once... once.
Make the playoffs like 15 years in a row and one year it'll work out! Probabilities!

I do think there is maybe a little something to their playoff chokejobs all these years tho. The cup didn't change much for me because they could have easily been out in the first round that year. They were saved by a post. Credit to them but luck was a huge factor! Had an easy path too.

Most cup wins are flukes though.

But first you have to be an excellent team, and then you take the excellent teams in the league (usually about 5-6 of them in any given season) and the fluke emerges from that group.

Most cup wins are flukes though.

But first you have to be an excellent team, and then you take the excellent teams in the league (usually about 5-6 of them in any given season) and the fluke emerges from that group.
Outside of that cup they never got out of the 2nd round. Not excellent at all.

I was told that only Cups matter... so I guess they'd be tied with the other 1 Cup teams.

Okay then, tied with 6 teams behind only Chicago, LAK, Pittsburgh. So tied for 4th best team of this era.

I don't know if your snark had the impact you intended.

I have to look this up but wasn't that caps team literally one post away from elimination? One of their opponents hit the post in a deciding game. Literally an inch away from not having the chance at that cup.

Back