• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

So what you're saying is that we pick up McCann for a steal and Dubie sets up a side deal to flip them Kerfoot + the next day?

Where are we going to find a 6'5 #7 defender that they'll want though...?

All to avoid paying us back kerf's signing bonus!

Genius.

Fuck it, I'm preparing for the McCann era again

b4469505019c6e4813bc2cb7d3afc991.gif

Hmm. Maybe they want to go really young? So pick up a bunch of guys that they're going to trade off for prospects and futures and really do the expansion thing from the ground up? But he just doesn't have interesting inventory - Gourde, sure, but after that, how much is he going to get for Gio, McCann, Dunn, etc.?

I don’t think any trade involves the players that showed up and displaying the new uniform

And he still gets to play with one of the best players in the league. Its a good situation for him. If the Oilers didn't somehow already make their defense significantly worse this offseason I would say they improve big time with the Hyman addition.

And the Oilers are also a perfect example of why you protect Holl.

They lost Larsson, who isn't by any means an untouchable, franchise player, but now they are fucked, and their best defensive RHD is a rookie offensive dman.

I was told Zack would take a hometown discount because all that filthy Toronto endorsement money would make up the diff.

That needs to come with a NMC, Toronto wasn't going to give that to him.

So here is Zack wondering if he'd have to move to middle of nowhere in year 3,4 at a discount vs playing on the wing with the best player in the league and becoming even richer.

Also keep in mind his family is already super rich. With Toronto having offered him an 8 year deal, I'm confident this was about no movement clauses.

His book sales will plummet. Will be forced to do BET99 spots soon enough.

Back