• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Certainly not. But it's still shady.

I mean I would've been disappointed if you guys got let off the hook for the Price contract anyway so works for me.

Habs are guaranteed to be let off the hook at some mutually decided point...zero chance Price does not end his contract on LTIR

Those injuries won't get any better.

The cap is just a game.

Certainly not. But it's still shady.

I mean I would've been disappointed if you guys got let off the hook for the Price contract anyway so works for me.
Yeah I'm torn. I think it is time to move on especially with the Weber news and losing that contract would have been huge.

That said, Price is a fan favorite and I believe the Habs wanted to retain him, for better or worse. Likely worse.

Now that they've said the injuries aren't so severe I think there's no way he improves. The hope that he's been fighting something as the cause of his decline was nice to have but alas, he's a Hab for life (unless they eat cap to move him later).

Habs are guaranteed to be let off the hook at some mutually decided point...zero chance Price does not end his contract on LTIR

Those injuries won't get any better.

The cap is just a game.
This.

I had hoped the injuries were more severe to explain the decline.

fail.

23 good NHL games with mediocre at best AHL numbers. It's like trading for Jack Campbell when the Leafs did. Cheap for a reason. But could pay off huge.

Why would Carolina trade him??

His 2020/21 does look like an outlier, but I can't see his price tag being that high as a RFA. Maybe he was looking for the Driedger deal and they just don't want to pay him but with 2 yrs of control left just drag his dick over broken glass on a 1-2yr and see if he's for real. You run the risk of having to actually pay him if he is though.

His 2020/21 does look like an outlier, but I can't see his price tag being that high as a RFA. Maybe he was looking for the Driedger deal and they just don't want to pay him but with 2 yrs of control left just drag his dick over broken glass on a 1-2yr and see if he's for real. You run the risk of having to actually pay him if he is though.

bingo

But now you're going to do what exactly? Pay Bernier more or less the same money?

A 32 yr old midget whose stats last season look solid in small sample size but is a below average goalie at this point in his career imo. Nedeljkovic is probaly smoke and mirrors, but I'm generally a fan of taking a stab at these guys in their mid 20's who look like they have a chance of breaking out.

Tough one for me. 3.5m for a guy with a 25-30 game track record is aggressive. It turned out Campbell's heater may have been legit but those kinda guys are one hit wonders more often than not tbh. I at least want to see more of an AHL track record there before I pay him 3.5.

Back