• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

They are. The question is why? Who is running this show?

Beats me. I sort of understood it when CBC owned the rights way back in the day....their overall mandate was to pay special attention to the regions, many of whom didn't spring for cable and didn't have much else in terms of media outlets.

But nothing much has changed since Rogers gobbled up the rights -- I think they tried to go "big city" by demoting homespun Ron Maclean and making George Stroumboulopoulos their anchor. There was a bit of a backlash and they turtled back to small-town vibes.

Beats me. I sort of understood it when CBC owned the rights way back in the day....their overall mandate was to pay special attention to the regions, many of whom didn't spring for cable and didn't have much else in terms of media outlets.

But nothing much has changed since Rogers gobbled up the rights -- I think they tried to go "big city" by demoting homespun Ron Maclean and making George Stroumboulopoulos their anchor. There was a bit of a backlash and they turtled back to small-town vibes.

Imagine your litmus test on where your hockey bread is buttered by whether or not Strombo can anchor your hockey broadcast.

Reactions: CH1
Imagine your litmus test on where your hockey bread is buttered by whether or not Strombo can anchor your hockey broadcast.

no one every accused Rogers of having an ounce of imagination

I actually did some work for some of their head honchos back in the day -- mostly bullies and blowhards with ill fitting and ugly suits

no one every accused Rogers of having an ounce of imagination

I actually did some work for some of their head honchos back in the day -- mostly bullies and blowhards with ill fitting and ugly suits
Remember when Dennis Miller did Monday Night Football? I loved that shit... that was imagination.... it was ahead of its time mind you :)

Remember when Dennis Miller did Monday Night Football? I loved that shit... that was imagination.... it was ahead of its time mind you :)
I loved when they interviewed an owner with a hairpiece and after he left Miller said he thought he had artificial turf on his head.

Back