• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Interesting scoreboard tonight.

I don't know who i prefer gets in but since WSH PHI DET are actually terrible it really would be more just if NYI and PIT snuck up and in at the wire.

It's the same idea as the Leafs building a new arena and putting it on the north edge of Markham.

The problem with being in Glendale wasn't the building. Maybe I'm a transit nazi, but when you have 41 home dates a year to sell, you don't want to make it hard to get to the building.

The other funny bit here in particular is the Coyotes declaring “the wait is over”, when this is just them trying to restart the clock on a brand new lengthy wait.

First, the auction for the land they propose to build this on takes place in late June. So first and foremost, they’re looking to kick the can down the road until then—at which point, whether they win the auction or not, it’ll be too late for the team to get relocated for the 2024/25 season.

Then even if they do win the auction, the wait for them to come up with the funds for the land, come up with the funds for the arena and get approvals to build could be stretched out for years, without even considering how long it’d take on top of that from getting shovels in the ground to the arena being completed.

The question as always is whether Bettman’s going to continue to let them get away with it. And whether the NHLPA will continue to tolerate 23 of its members having a home rink and facilities comparable to what the pee wee players in West Bumblefuck, Saskatchewan have after winning “Hockeyville” on Sportsnet.

It's the same idea as the Leafs building a new arena and putting it on the north edge of Markham.

The problem with being in Glendale wasn't the building. Maybe I'm a transit nazi, but when you have 41 home dates a year to sell, you don't want to make it hard to get to the building.
A Montreal buddy was talking about the Expos the other day and said this was the main reason the franchise failed.

Back