• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

This tells me where their management is at with assessing the team

The right play here is to move Kuzmenko for picks and prospects and then circle back in the off season with a multi year deal

I don't know what it is about Canadian teams, but when you look at each one, you start to wonder if one of them will ever win the cup again...

jeez, I really dislike Canucks fans as a general entity, but it's getting to the point where I have almost started to feel badly for them.

Oilers fans, OTOH, I have no sympathy for.
They badly need somebody like a Pat Quinn running things again:

Couple stories relating to Pat Quinn & the recently departed enforcer former Canuck Gino Odjick. Back when Odjick was in the hospital after being diagnosed with a terminal heart issue (he was able to fight it off for a number of years), Pat Quinn visited him in the hospital. This was during the last days of Quinn's life but he still took the time to visit an ailing player. Quinn gave specific instructions not to tell Gino Odjick of his health issues as he felt Odjick had enough things to be worrying about at the time. Odjick didn't find out about this until after Quinn passed away.

In another "situation" after Quinn was fired from the Canucks & during Mike Keenan's tenure with the Canucks; Keenan was bad mouthing Quinn in front of the team (among his other usual mind control techniques). Odjick stood up and essentially said: "Listen Mike, you can call *ME* anything you want but I don't want to hear you say a single thing about Pat Quinn else we're going to have an issue" lol. Keenan never did (granted he did end up trading Odjick later). That is the kind of loyalty Quinn inspired. Quinn gave it & he got it. If anything, Quinn might've been too loyal.

They badly need somebody like a Pat Quinn running things again:

Couple stories relating to Pat Quinn & the recently departed enforcer former Canuck Gino Odjick. Back when Odjick was in the hospital after being diagnosed with a terminal heart issue (he was able to fight it off for a number of years), Pat Quinn visited him in the hospital. This was during the last days of Quinn's life but he still took the time to visit an ailing player. Quinn gave specific instructions not to tell Gino Odjick of his health issues as he felt Odjick had enough things to be worrying about at the time. Odjick didn't find out about this until after Quinn passed away.

In another "situation" after Quinn was fired from the Canucks & during Mike Keenan's tenure with the Canucks; Keenan was bad mouthing Quinn in front of the team (among his other usual mind control techniques). Odjick stood up and essentially said: "Listen Mike, you can call *ME* anything you want but I don't want to hear you say a single thing about Pat Quinn else we're going to have an issue" lol. Keenan never did (granted he did end up trading Odjick later). That is the kind of loyalty Quinn inspired. Quinn gave it & he got it. If anything, Quinn might've been too loyal.

Love Quinn. That guy was the best.

The league has just killed all transactions.

The only way anything gets done these days is with retention or bullshit sideways even money moves. You have to wait till July to have space free up and then it’s all used up again a few days later. Yay, exciting.

Back