• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

The Graves contract might be the worst thing the dubas family.did. That's a bit whiff if he was truly wrong about that one. Big big whiff.

Karlsson trade. I get why he did it, but Karlsson is turrible defensively and only playing at a 60 point pace offensively this season. You can't justify 10 millie in cap space (on top of acquisition cost of course) for a 1 way defender putting up fringe top 10 offensive defender numbers. That's back breaking.

A lot of people got fooled by Karlsson saying fuck defence and playing rover all of last season on the worst hockey team in the world where no one cared what he did as long as it was entertaining.

I love that the Jets and Nucks both look legitimately better and better built short term and long term than the Oilers.

and i have no love for the jets or canucks.

Losing 3, and badly, right after their 8 game heater has to be a pretty big kick in the dick for that dressing room.

Karlsson trade. I get why he did it, but Karlsson is turrible defensively and only playing at a 60 point pace offensively this season. You can't justify 10 millie in cap space (on top of acquisition cost of course) for a 1 way defender putting up fringe top 10 offensive defender numbers. That's back breaking.

A lot of people got fooled by Karlsson saying fuck defence and playing rover all of last season on the worst hockey team in the world where no one cared what he did as long as it was entertaining.
Yeah that's the obvious one. But the Graves deal at that aav was one where he should have had his team of nerds bust out the spreadsheets and find value. If he can't even do that then I'm not sure what the point of his glasses are. That's supposed to be his thing.

And in fairness, he landed some nice players for the leafs at value from time to time... But Graves may have been a miss and not a cheap one either.

are you suggesting there was not an emphasis on defense last year in San Jose?

dedikodu-kirk.gif

Yeah, the move to get EK was predicated on last year not being a fluke, and his ability to maintain that level for at least a few years.

Not being at that level right out of the gate is kind of a disaster given that that contract even further ties their hands to do anything now that he's part of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang core.

I guess what I'm saying is that I get impressed when a GM can land a lesser known guy on a cheapish deal that outperforms the contract. Karlsson is Karlsson, he said fuck it and went all in with the aging core.

Graves being a 2nd pair+ guy at 4.5m long-term would have been brilliant. But instead he ain't even McCabe good it seems. Third pair type maybe. It was a miss. Karlsson was a "fuck it, we'll do it live."

I guess what I'm saying is that I get impressed when a GM can land a lesser known guy on a cheapish deal that outperforms the contract. Karlsson is Karlsson, he said fuck it and went all in with the aging core.

Graves being a 2nd pair+ guy at 4.5m long-term would have been brilliant. But instead he ain't even McCabe good it seems. Third pair type maybe. It was a miss. Karlsson was a "fuck it, we'll do it live."
I thought you loved Ryan Graves like a month ago, after hating him the previous month?

Can we just not have a consistent Presto please?

I thought you loved Ryan Graves like a month ago, after hating him the previous month?

Can we just not have a consistent Presto please?
I'm cheering against him. He started off ok but he has crumbled lately and his relative numbers are sinking with the fans turning against him rapidly. I'm enjoying this.

I change my mind as the data changes. I am not firm in my positions.

The Preston family is following his journey and we truly hope he fails because we spite hate dubas now. It was his one signing where analytics should have been at the forefront so if he misses on that one it will make the Preston family happy.

And if the Preston family had the time or energy he would tweet about it to Jonas and Mirtle.

The Preston family is following his journey and we truly hope he fails because we spite hate dubas now. It was his one signing where analytics should have been at the forefront so if he misses on that one it will make the Preston family happy.

And if the Preston family had the time or energy he would tweet about it to Jonas and Mirtle.
who is in the preston family? and can i join?

who is in the preston family? and can i join?
I have people actively monitoring and showing me pens fans comments about Ryan Graves. I saw one person compare him to Jack Johnson, but worse. I nearly drowned in my cum that night. There's an endless supply of hatred for this player by the fanbase and it brings me joy.

That is the final comment on my family.

I have people actively monitoring and showing me pens fans comments about Ryan Graves. I saw one person compare him to Jack Johnson, but worse. I nearly drowned in my cum that night. There's an endless supply of hatred for this player by the fanbase and it brings me joy.

That is the final comment on my family.
Ive called people mean things and have had mean things said to me.

Not once have i considered comparing another person to Jack Johnson.

Pens are fuct. The only money off their books next year are Carter and guentzel. Most if not all of that goes into reupping guentzel, or else they lose maybe their best forward. Meanwhile they have all sorts of junk paid into their mid 30s. sinking 10m into ek destroyed their cap situation.

Pens are fuct. The only money off their books next year are Carter and guentzel. Most if not all of that goes into reupping guentzel, or else they lose maybe their best forward. Meanwhile they have all sorts of junk paid into their mid 30s. sinking 10m into ek destroyed their cap situation.

None of that bothers me in the slightest. In fact it makes me happy, I've never liked the Pens. Fuck 'em.

Back