• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

was talking about this the other day with some people... what do we think happens to the NHLers once they have been charged and released on bail?

are they going to be suspended indefinitely? administrative leave? let them keep playing?

would be interested to see what kinda leeway the NHL's domestic violence policy gives them when players have been criminally charged with sexual assault. but it absolutely would not shock me to see the players return to their teams once they're out on bail.
WellPlayed’s right that a normal Canadian would likely not be able to cross the border into the US with outstanding sexual assault charges in Canada.

Voynov never played it the NHL again and he is way better than all those guys.

He’s not really comparable, though.

Voynov had a home country to flee to where physical and sexual assault against women is considered morally and legally OK.

As an added bonus that country also had no extradition treaty with Canada or the US, as well as an alternative professional hockey league for him to play in.

He’s not really comparable, though.

Voynov had a home country to flee to where physical and sexual assault against women is considered morally and legally OK.

As an added bonus that country also had no extradition treaty with Canada or the US, as well as an alternative professional hockey league for him to play in.
Wonder if these world junior guys would or could go to the khl while awaiting trial

If they were innocent, why did Hockey Canada have to work behind closed doors and settle this out of court?
Wouldn't that be a question for a separate trial?

Not saying they're innocent, saying let it play out.

If they were innocent, why did Hockey Canada have to work behind closed doors and settle this out of court?
So, let me start by saying that I believe the victim/accuser.

Having said that, the settlement Hockey Canada reached with her would have almost certainly explicitly denied any wrongdoing, admission of guilt, etc.

They settle out of court to either minimize/avoid risk or negative PR. They clearly tried to sweep this under the rug to avoid reputational harm.

Of course, I believe the assault happened as alleged. But the settlement they reached would give them legal wiggle room.

I haven’t read through the 72 pages of the potatoes debate… but the pages I did read, I was disappointed no one had in their “best ofs” list my personal favourite potato disb… Greek style lemon roasted potatoes. I feel this is what the potato was put on earth for.

Back