• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

View: https://x.com/chasebeardsley_/status/1778827590675132900?s=46

So the SLC Punk are the Coyotes, but not really the Coyotes

The Coyotes are the Jets, and Winnipeg is the Thrashers but Winnipeg is also the Jets.

And no one is the Coyotes?

How the hell would that work?

If SLC doesn’t want a Coyotes player that has term left on their deal, what happens to that player and the remainder of their contract?

Have to figure that someone would have to make that player whole. Either for the entire amount they’re owed, or at the very least what they’d be owed on a buyout.

How the hell would that work?

If SLC doesn’t want a Coyotes player that has term left on their deal, what happens to that player and the remainder of their contract?

Have to figure that someone would have to make that player whole. Either for the entire amount they’re owed, or at the very least what they’d be owed on a buyout.
Cheaper than a billion

They’ll probably have to buy all the active player contracts but let them out of the debt (LTIR hell contracts and retention).

My guess is that this is basically a threat to make Coyotes owners take the deal Smith is offering. If they refuse, the NHL can declare PHX inactive, give SLC an expansion team, and tell PHX they can have their team back once their arena is built and they pay a reinstatement fee (amount TBD).

It’s calling BS on this “we will win an auction and build an arena someday” plan.

I read that the current owner has a clause in his purchase contract that he gets a billion for the club. It's a set price. Smith offering 1.3b apparently so 300 for the owners. Seems to me there would be plenty of owners thinking that's not enough for the BS they've been through with that franchise. So the threats come out so the Yotes owner agrees to less.

Back