• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Plenty of teams have had to move cap space. Often worse contracts than 1/6 or whatever Marleau had left.

Has anyone ever traded a higher pick to do it? I don’t think so.

Habs for a first for one year of Monahan contract

I am convinced that the Oilers are winning it all
Panthers look legit. Bobrovsky remembered how to play goal. I can see them taking the Oil out.

Then there's the Rangers who are a heck of a lot better than people talk about.

Plenty of teams have had to move cap space. Often worse contracts than 1/6 or whatever Marleau had left.

Has anyone ever traded a higher pick to do it? I don’t think so.
Jim Benning special:

Unloaded a bunch of crap/garbage contracts (*all* on expiring deals), 1st round pick (9th overall vs the Leafs 13th overall), and a 2nd round pick for OEL ( 🤣) & Garland

Last edited:
Panthers look legit. Bobrovsky remembered how to play goal. I can see them taking the Oil out.

Then there's the Rangers who are a heck of a lot better than people talk about.

Id have no problem rooting for the rangers but can't stand Rempe.

Habs for a first for one year of Monahan contract
Yeah, that’s maybe the closest comparable. The Flames made that deal in 2022 for a first in 2025 (or 2026). Remains to be seen if it is higher than the #13 overall the Dubas traded.

Luckily, the Leafs hired the GM that made that trade as well. Cornering the market on guys who lack the creativity to move cap space.

Avs very likable team, don’t have good goalie and heavy D instead they have skilled D plus well coached, could be us before GM decided we need size and toughness no matter what IQ come with it

C leadership, not buying it, you telling me that 20 yrs old kid in Van has anything to do with come back from 3-1 3 min to the end of the game and win in OT?

C leadership, not buying it, you telling me that 20 yrs old kid in Van has anything to do with come back from 3-1 3 min to the end of the game and win in OT?
Probably more the "quality" of the opposition than anything. This isn't to say the Preds are an awful team; they just aren't that good.

Back